10-28-2018 07:33 AM
157 ... 567
tools
    This version seem to have come out with more nagging issues than in the past it seems. I wonder if Google's beta testing sample is too small to find all the bugs before release.
    As someone who has been using the 3XL in the day to day excessively I don't see it.
    10-27-2018 06:12 PM
    Is it the phone or Android 9 Pie? I personally think it's Pie. After beta testing on the 2XL things just weren't the same. Now on the 3 XL I think it could be better optimized.
    10-27-2018 11:32 PM
    Is it the phone or Android 9 Pie? I personally think it's Pie. After beta testing on the 2XL things just weren't the same. Now on the 3 XL I think it could be better optimized.
    Google seems to be going backwards with the pixel line.... the pixel 1's seemed pretty solid except for the ridiculously large bezels which seemed to serve no real purpose except to copy apple. The 2 XL had some major hardware issues. And now the 3 seems to be having a combo of hardware and software issues. Things that make you go hmmm....

I do think pie has some issues, but I'm running it on my original pixel with no problems whatsoever. In fact I think it's one of the best Android versions I've ever used. I am using the traditional 3 button navigation though, if I was forced to use gestures that might change my opinion a little ;-)
    10-28-2018 12:31 AM
    Google seems to be going backwards with the pixel line.... the pixel 1's seemed pretty solid except for the ridiculously large bezels which seemed to serve no real purpose except to copy apple. The 2 XL had some major hardware issues. And now the 3 seems to be having a combo of hardware and software issues. Things that make you go hmmm....

I do think pie has some issues, but I'm running it on my original pixel with no problems whatsoever. In fact I think it's one of the best Android versions I've ever used. I am using the traditional 3 button navigation though, if I was forced to use gestures that might change my opinion a little ;-)
    Yeah and Google haven't come out and said anything about the ram management. If they don't say anything in the next week or two, then I'm going to assume the aggressive management and constant app shutdowns are working as intended, which is insane as music apps are closing when the camera app is taking photos.
    10-28-2018 03:46 AM

Haha, if you say Google copied Apple with the notch or gesture, I would agree, but copy Apple with bezels? I think that just bad design. This is the first time I ever hear someone says Google copied Apple on the large bezels.
    10-28-2018 05:28 AM
    I suppose the Ram and Processor itself are not quite as good as PC/Tablet/MAC ones at handling multiple applications. I mean, isn't that why only one or two tablets are just starting to use Phone Processors ?
    10-28-2018 06:12 AM
    I suppose the Ram and Processor itself are not quite as good as PC/Tablet/MAC ones at handling multiple applications. I mean, isn't that why only one or two tablets are just starting to use Phone Processors ?
    The comparison doesn't make sense
    10-28-2018 07:33 AM
157 ... 567