I have a Pixel 2XL on Verizon. I have Verizon Cloud Backup and Sms Backup both backing up messages and call logs. My email is an exchange account and photos are backed up on Google and Dropbox.

I just received my 3XL and need to setup today. Is there google migration software that will copy all apps, app settings, Android settings, phone log, and sms and mms messages?

Thanks,

Mike
    10-20-2018 05:55 AM
    Yes it is built into the phone and it could not be easier. First swap your sim card. Note that you got a USB-c to USB-c cable in your P3 box. Turn on your new phone. you will be prompted if you want to transfer your data from another phone. From that point just follow the screen prompts. Everything will transfer over including your home screen, apps, texts, photos, music if you have any on the phone, etc. I have done it twice. First from my 6p to P2 and then now from my P2 to P3.
    10-20-2018 06:16 AM
    Thanks. Do I need to swap the sim or just leave the one Verizon sent in the Phone. on my previous phones, the new sim was activated when I turned it on.
    10-20-2018 06:23 AM
    Most likely leave it and then activate it. I have bought my last three direct from Google unlocked. Even though I am on Verizon. So for me I just swapped it.
    10-20-2018 07:05 AM