Live Wallpapers

Martin_F

Oct 16, 2018
Visit site
Is anybody using the new live wallpapers on their Pixel 3?
I've been using the marvoulus marble and it says that the cloud cover is live updated.
So far it hasn't changed at all though.
Is there any more setting I'm missing to allow for this to happen?
Thanks for any pointers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181019-065109.jpg
    Screenshot_20181019-065109.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 71

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I use the same live wallpaper, but admit I haven't paid much attention to the clouds/weather at any given time. Will keep an eye on it the next few days.

Martin_F

Oct 16, 2018
Visit site
Honestly I'm just jealous of your 6 minute commute to work lol

Haha! We've actually bought this house due to the proximity to work. I don't even have a stop light to go through. Makes for boring commute updates, but I'm okay with that! ;)

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I use the same wall paper and I do see cloud coverage and other live changes. You can't use it for weather, but it is cool.

Martin_F

Oct 16, 2018
Visit site
Alright, after 5 days of using this wallpaper, I can report that the weather/cloud cover does not live update as is claimed in the description.

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I used that wallpaper on my Pixel 2 XL, and it did show cloud cover when appropriate. I have been using a different wallpaper on my Pixel 3 XL, but I switched back to this wallpaper just to check to see if it behaved differently on the new phone. I can confirm, I see cloud cover. But there are differences in the behavior on the new phone. On the P2XL, the view would be over my location. Now, the globe seems to start out showing my location, but soon starts to rotate, and doesn't seem to stop.

Martin_F

Oct 16, 2018
Visit site
I used that wallpaper on my Pixel 2 XL, and it did show cloud cover when appropriate. I have been using a different wallpaper on my Pixel 3 XL, but I switched back to this wallpaper just to check to see if it behaved differently on the new phone. I can confirm, I see cloud cover. But there are differences in the behavior on the new phone. On the P2XL, the view would be over my location. Now, the globe seems to start out showing my location, but soon starts to rotate, and doesn't seem to stop.

I'm not disputing that it shows cloud cover.
All I'm saying the cloud cover hasn't changed in 5 days. So it's not using "real-time clouds and lightning date from weather.com" as stated in the description of Marvelous Marble.

Obviously that's not a deal breaker, just a missed opportunity.

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm not disputing that it shows cloud cover.
All I'm saying the cloud cover hasn't changed in 5 days. So it's not using "real-time clouds and lightning date from weather.com" as stated in the description of Marvelous Marble.

Obviously that's not a deal breaker, just a missed opportunity.

Ah, sorry I misunderstood.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

I have the same experience. I remember the satellite information on my wallpaper to be more more accurate than it is currently. While I have clouds in my current view, they are not accurate, not even close. This is disappointing, and hopefully get fixed.

My earth is also rotating. While I used to see some motion, I see the same as you, in that it keeps rotating. This is different and kinda cool. I don't know which I prefer. Seems like it would be a good option.

It also responds to a certain extent to swipes, either rotating back some, or speeding up depending on the direction of the swipe.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm