This phone really very intuitive. It's easy to use and I'm very happy with it. Only issue is the red tint that shows up for a second when I open the camera.
    10-20-2018 04:20 PM
    I agree. No issues so far. Loving this thing. I feel bad for those people who are having some issues but so far for me nothing. It has been awesome so far. Lag free with all my apps installed. Plenty of room to spare in storage also. Paired with my pixel buds just fine and paired it with my tablet and truck with zero issues.

Love the screen on the XL. I personally think the notch looks good. Not the notch itself but the way the screen wraps around it rather.

Battery life is ok. Not the best. My note 9 definitely got better battery life. But I'm almost always near a charger so in my use it's not a issue.

So for me Google hit it out of the park with this device. It suits me.
    10-20-2018 04:32 PM
    It's pretty cool. Easy on the eyes.
    10-20-2018 06:47 PM
    Yeah. I use it on all the Google apps where it's been enabled - YouTube, Messages, Google cards. Only wish they'd hurry up with Gmail and the phone app.
    10-20-2018 06:52 PM
    Yeah. I use it on all the Google apps where it's been enabled - YouTube, Messages, Google cards. Only wish they'd hurry up with Gmail and the phone app.
    I agree
    10-20-2018 06:56 PM
    I agree
    It doesn't work for me with Google cards....it didn't on the 2XL either. The background is black but the cards are white.
    10-20-2018 07:22 PM
    It doesn't work for me with Google cards....it didn't on the 2XL either. The background is black but the cards are white.
    Are you using Nova Launcher? I noticed the same thing with Nova launcher, but everything is black in Pixel Launcher.
    10-20-2018 07:23 PM
    Are you using Nova Launcher? I noticed the same thing with Nova launcher, but everything is black in Pixel Launcher.
    Nope ... Pixel
    10-20-2018 07:28 PM
    Nope ... Pixel
    That's strange, and I assume you turned on Dark Theme under the Display settings?
    10-20-2018 07:30 PM
    I don't think there's a specific setting. Mine works as described. If I choose a darkish wallpaper, the cards turn dark. You might want to try a reboot after changing to a dark wallpaper.
    10-20-2018 07:32 PM
    That's strange, and I assume you turned on Dark Theme under the Display settings?
    Yes...I'm in dark mode
    10-20-2018 07:36 PM
    I don't think there's a specific setting. Mine works as described. If I choose a darkish wallpaper, the cards turn dark. You might want to try a reboot after changing to a dark wallpaper.
    I've used dark wallpaper
    10-20-2018 07:37 PM
    There is a setting
    Attached Thumbnails Complaints and Praises here's what I noticed-screenshot_20181020-205307.jpg  
    10-20-2018 07:54 PM
    There is a setting
    So do you get dark cards if you are on automatic and have a dark theme? I am on auto/dark theme (mag marble), and would expect dark cards, but do not get them.

My guess is that dark cards are still a partial roll out, but would love to be proved wrong.
    10-20-2018 08:18 PM
    There is a setting
    They meant specific setting for cards which there isn't
    10-20-2018 08:21 PM
    They meant specific setting for cards which there isn't
    I had the same problem ony Pixel 2, and I think I either set dark mode to off then on, or I did a force stop on the Google app, don't remember which.
    10-20-2018 11:51 PM
    This
    10-21-2018 02:42 AM
    I have an iPhone Xs Max as my other phone so I'm not biased either way. Here is my take on the Pixel 3 XL.

Here's what I love:
    The phone is fast. Even though it has 4 GB of RAM ...it handles webpages and apps very well. I haven't run into the apps closing yet.
    The camera of course. Photos are so crisp and true to color. iPhone photography has gone down in quality over the years.
    I love the options that Google has in the menus...very user friendly.
    I like the fact that I don't have to worry about the phone exploding. You may laugh but I had a Note 7 and Note 8. The Note 8 was wonderful but I was always wondering if I'd hear any reports of batteries having issues.
    I like how Google is there to chat with and ready to help if you need them.
    I like how I don't have to worry about updates.
    The screen is very nice. I heard that's thanks to Samsung.
    I love the Pixel buds. Very clear sound.
    Ok what I don't like:
    Overall the fact that the phone is so expensive for something that doesn't have a headphone jack or sd card slot.
    I dont even pay attention to the notch so I can't say I hate it. I'm used to it by now from the Max.
    That's about it...not much I don't like.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-22-2018 05:26 PM
    10-22-2018 06:13 PM