11-12-2018 08:42 PM
106 12345
tools
    Do you lose the Gestures if you switch to another launcher? Only reason I haven't switched to Nova.
    I've gotten used to the gestures on the Pixel 3xl so will stick with the Pixel launcher. Nothing against Nova since I have that on my Nexus 6p but so far I like the Pixel launcher just fine.
    10-31-2018 08:21 AM
    Installed nova within 10 minutes of receiving my 3xl on Monday.
    I've always preferred the massive customization available on nova that increases the amount of gestures and shortcuts I can have at my disposal.
    I'm also keeping an eye on Hyperion Launcher. I think I've mentioned it here or elsewhere that it's brand new and is being updated very frequently.
    It seems that the developers are aiming for a mix of nova, pixel, action, etc. The best of the best supposedly.
    I tried it a couple of times on my 2xl last week and it's pretty good considering how new it is and it may be a contender in the not so distant future.
    I haven't seen anyone else mention it so I figured I'd bring it up again
    10-31-2018 08:49 AM
    I've been using stock and love it so far. I want to try Nova but scared I will lose the speed the stock launcher has or Gestures. Do you lose any gestures or features when using another launcher?
    10-31-2018 09:26 AM
    I've been using stock and love it so far. I want to try Nova but scared I will lose the speed the stock launcher has or Gestures. Do you lose any gestures or features when using another launcher?
    I don't believe you lose anything. There's just more of everything.
    If you love stock though, just stick with it.
    As I said before, I love that I have even more gestures and hotspots to open the things I use the most.
    I've never stayed on stock for too long but I think the speed is comparable.
    10-31-2018 09:33 AM
    As I said before, I love that I have even more gestures and hotspots to open the things I use the most.
    you mention "more gestures" can you give examples?
    10-31-2018 09:39 AM
    One gesture I miss from Nova is the double tap to sleep. I may try it out and see how it goes. Stock is working for me but more gestures doesn't hurt
    10-31-2018 09:42 AM
    This is one of the settings pages. I haven't finished my setup completely as I've only had the phone for less than 2 days. Feel free to ask me any questions.
    you mention "more gestures" can you give examples?
    yungskeeme88 and diesel97 like this.
    10-31-2018 09:46 AM
    The stock launcher has improved over time, but I still prefer all the customization of Nova
    10-31-2018 10:04 AM
    I stick with stock, as I did with my Pixel XL
    10-31-2018 10:12 AM
    Just downloaded it. Unless I'm missing something, is there a way to remove the arrow in this pic? I may just need to play with it more.
    This is one of the settings pages. I haven't finished my setup completely as I've only had the phone for less than 2 days. Feel free to ask me any questions. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6b155bb592.jpg
    10-31-2018 10:22 AM
    Yikes also notice I lose the multi tasking swipe up gesture with nova
    10-31-2018 10:24 AM
    Just downloaded it. Unless I'm missing something, is there a way to remove the arrow in this pic? I may just need to play with it more.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2f39122146.jpg
    app drawer settings swipe indicator
    you have to go through every settings page and then each of those settings to see everything
    it's a little time consuming but you can customize the hell out of it and keep it speedy
    10-31-2018 10:26 AM
    Yikes also notice I lose the multi tasking swipe up gesture with nova
    do you mean swiping up on the home button to go to recents?
    10-31-2018 10:27 AM
    Yes. Haven't chosen a default launcher yet so might be it
    do you mean swiping up on the home button to go to recents?
    10-31-2018 10:30 AM
    it definitely does it. I'm using nova, obviously, and I have it
    10-31-2018 10:31 AM
    Yup that was it. Made Nova my default and it works. Thanks!
    bkrickles likes this.
    10-31-2018 10:35 AM
    we just need dark mode for google
    10-31-2018 01:25 PM
    Gave Nova a try for a day. I went back to the stock launcher. Seems smoother. Also,I saw Nova was using battery. Not alot and not sure how much it was effected. Moving apps wasn't only pain. I like on the stock browser you can place the apps anywhere. Possible to do with Nova?
    11-02-2018 06:35 AM
    I think nova is as smooth and the swipe up for recents and app drawer is definitely smoother for me. My battery has been good but I haven't done a comparison. As far as moving apps goes, nova does everything that stock launcher does times 100. It's not really close. You just have to dig into the settings.
    With that being said, it's probably not for everyone and is a primary reason I love Android. Choices, choices, choices!
    Gave Nova a try for a day. I went back to the stock launcher. Seems smoother. Also,I saw Nova was using battery. Not alot and not sure how much it was effected. Moving apps wasn't only pain. I like on the stock browser you can place the apps anywhere. Possible to do with Nova?
    11-02-2018 06:44 AM
    I think nova is as smooth and the swipe up for recents and app drawer is definitely smoother for me. My battery has been good but I haven't done a comparison. As far as moving apps goes, nova does everything that stock launcher does times 100. It's not really close. You just have to dig into the settings.
    With that being said, it's probably not for everyone and is a primary reason I love Android. Choices, choices, choices!
    Main reason I wanted it was for the double tap to sleep but moving apps around was a pain because they would keep moving. May give it another try though
    11-02-2018 06:47 AM
    I'm not sure what you mean by the apps moving. My apps don't move after placing them. There is a setting to lock your home pages so nothing can be altered.
    Main reason I wanted it was for the double tap to sleep but moving apps around was a pain because they would keep moving. May give it another try though
    11-02-2018 06:53 AM
    Kinda hard to explain. I'll play with it some more. Could just me user error
    I'm not sure what you mean by the apps moving. My apps don't move after placing them. There is a setting to lock your home pages so nothing can be altered.
    11-02-2018 06:59 AM
    I'm able to move the apps into folders on their own page in Nova.
    11-02-2018 07:36 AM
    ya im sticking with stock launcher, i have nova prime but want to fully embrace googles vision of this phone and so far im loving the SW/UX. My only complaint is i wish Google Now was more customizable to show exactly in what order i want to display info (like iOS widget screen)
    11-02-2018 12:21 PM
    I'm back on stock. It works for me. Only thing I wish I could do on stock is remove the Google bar
    ya im sticking with stock launcher, i have nova prime but want to fully embrace googles vision of this phone and so far im loving the SW/UX. My only complaint is i wish Google Now was more customizable to show exactly in what order i want to display info (like iOS widget screen)
    chezm likes this.
    11-02-2018 07:52 PM
106 12345