Are you sticking with this launcher?

PhobicCarrot

May 24, 2013
Visit site
The main reason I stick w/ Nova is that the app drawer is a single long list. I cannot stand when the apps are listed in a grid. My (messed up) mind just cannot find the apps when presented in the grid format.

JimmieCD

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
When using Pixel Launcher occasionally I cannot hear audio of incoming calls. When using Nova Launcher I have never had audio problems with income calls. Oops, using Pixel 2.

Last edited:

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm sticking with the stock launcher. Every time this conversation comes up with a new device I feel like I am missing out on something because all the power users have Nova. Each time, I go an reinstall nova and spend some time setting it up and decide I don't like it any better than the stock launcher. It has tons of tweaks, but I just don't need them. Sometimes it is missing something that I really like on the stock launcher. I am not falling for it this time. :)

SRFast

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I am sticking with the stock launcher. I wish I could get rid of the white icon frames, but everything else is OK.

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: Nova uses Pie Gestures

Does Nova have the ability to change the navigation setup back to the traditional 3 button navigation setup?
I was wondering this same question myself. I don't think I could get used to not having the gestures instead of the three buttons and was hoping that a third party launcher could restore them.
No it doesn't.
Bummer! I can't believe Google isn't giving us the option to have the buttons and not have to use gestures! Guess I'll be sticking with my Galaxy S9+ (with Nova Launcher) a little longer.

Last edited:

Paryank Kansara

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
The feature of managing folders inside the app drawer itself is enough for me to stick with Nova Prime. The best part of it is, when I create a folder in app drawer and add a shortcut at desktop. They are automatically in sync. Meaning, adding/removing app in the folder automatically reflects changes in drawer and shortcut.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Other than locking desktop which prevent from accidentally moving icons, I'm good with Pixel launcher. Sticking with it, though also have Nova and others to try out once in a while if I get bored. But majority of times I'm with Pixel launcher.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I love Nova, never thought I would use a launcher. I have Pixel 2 XL. But to resize all my Icons smaller to fit most so many apps on 1 screen is great. I'm using 12x9 grid as home screen. On my App drawer, I can see every app in one screen using 12x10 grid, no scrolling. I've hidden a few, but its great to be able to see every app on 1 screen. I only scroll left/right for email widgets, calendar, memos, etc.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
If I get a Pixel I'll probably immediately switch to Nova. Love it on my GS8. Quick question:. In order to port over my exact settings in Nova from the S8 to Pixel would I just save my backup in Device Storage (on the S8)?