Are you sticking with this launcher?

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
i am. Used to only use Nova, but since the Pixel Launcher changed all icons to the same now. They are all uniformed. i am sticking with Pixel Launcher for now.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
The Google Search Bar is useless for how I use my phone and I need to delete it. I like to put 7 icons on my Dock. I want the rest of my home screen to remain clean as I like to display my own images on a clean screen. Here's an example of what I want to see.

Screenshot_20181019-223102.jpg

The Pixel Launcher doesn't let me do this. My Nova Prime does.

Last edited:

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I like the stock launcher. I actually use the search bar a lot. I would like the option to move it though. The stock launcher is fast for me so no complaints here. I do like Nova though but I plan on sticking with stock for now.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
The Google Search Bar is useless for how I use my phone and I need to delete it. I like to put 7 icons on my Dock. I want the rest of my home screen to remain clean as I like to display my own images on a clean screen. Here's an example of what I want to see.

View attachment 292637

The Pixel Launcher doesn't let me do this. My Nova Prime does.

I usually go stock but I like the clean look. I might give Nova a try.

BTSyndrome

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I've used Nova Prime over 3 years on my Moto Droid Turbo2 before this Pixel 3 I have now.
I'm reluctant to use it on the pixel. After dealing with little hiccups here and there over the years with Nova fighting the Moto...
I just want a smooth, pure stock experience, without modification.
Am I over thinking it? Do they play nice together flawlessly?
I miss some of the modifications that Nova has but I can live without, knowing that my phone is unsoiled and still a virgin. LOL

bkrickles

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Nova works great on my 2xl so I would assume it'll be great on the 3xl. No hiccups at all. I should have my replacement 3xl by Wednesday and nova will be one of my first apps to install
I've used Nova Prime over 3 years on my Moto Droid Turbo2 before this Pixel 3 I have now.
I'm reluctant to use it on the pixel. After dealing with little hiccups here and there over the years with Nova fighting the Moto...
I just want a smooth, pure stock experience, without modification.
Am I over thinking it? Do they play nice together flawlessly?
I miss some of the modifications that Nova has but I can live without, knowing that my phone is unsoiled and still a virgin. LOL

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I usually only last a few days before moving back to Nova, but so far I'm digging the efficiency and simplicity of the Pixel launcher. Standing pat for now.