10-26-2018 10:46 AM
67 123
tools
    I don't know which forum to post this in. I am interested in the new Pixel 3 XL. I'm thinking to sell my 128gb note 9. What's a good price?
    10-21-2018 06:16 PM
    I don't know which forum to post this in. I am interested in the new Pixel 3 XL. I'm thinking to sell my 128gb note 9. What's a good price?
    Why would you do that? I think the 2 phones are almost equal with the Note having a slight edge. Bigger battery,S pen expandable storage,double the ram, Samsung Pay vs slightly better camera,stock software and fast updates
    RevePro and Gdwheel like this.
    10-21-2018 07:40 PM
    Why would you do that? I don't think that the Note is necessarily better than the Pixel, but you paid a fairly high price for it (if you bought it yourself.) You must have had a reason for that. So you need to think about whether the Pixel will meet your needs better than the Note that you had been willing to spend so much money on.
    RevePro likes this.
    10-21-2018 07:51 PM
    Why would you do that? I think the 2 phones are almost equal with the Note having a slight edge. Bigger battery,S pen expandable storage,double the ram, Samsung Pay vs slightly better camera,stock software and fast updates
    I love the note and I'm a huge Samsung fan! Even had the s9+. I just have wanted to try the Pixel for sometime, but never made the switch. I should have waited for the Pixel instead of buying the note 9.
    10-21-2018 08:01 PM
    In a Way, I wished I had of bought the Note 9, just because if the battery.
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    10-21-2018 08:37 PM
    Pixel 3 XL slightly better camera, but worse with recorded videos, faster updates. Other than that, the Note 9 is the superior device.
    10-21-2018 08:56 PM
    I have the Note9 and also picked up a Pixel 3 XL. (buddy will buy my Note at close to full price) After having the 3XL for 4 days I'm not sure you will be overly happy switching. I'm still undecided. Great experience but I have had some RAM issues. Apps have just closed too quickly. If I'm listening to audio and I'm completing other tasks the audio app will shut down. If I go from app to app they are having to restart for too frequently.

I do love just about everything else. it's fast smooth and has a great screen.
    10-21-2018 09:00 PM
    I have the Note9 and also picked up a Pixel 3 XL. (buddy will buy my Note at close to full price) After having the 3XL for 4 days I'm not sure you will be overly happy switching. I'm still undecided. Great experience but I have had some RAM issues. Apps have just closed too quickly. If I'm listening to audio and I'm completing other tasks the audio app will shut down. If I go from app to app they are having to restart for too frequently.

I do love just about everything else. it's fast smooth and has a great screen.
    You ever do Google activity.
    My Google activity pops up.
    Go to delete my Google activity since the beginning of time.
    Then delete history.
    Reboot your phone and use it.
    RevePro likes this.
    10-21-2018 09:17 PM
    Keep the Note 9. It's the better overall phone for the money. The only two things you'd be getting with the Pixel 3/XL (vs the Note 9) are fast updates and the best camera phone for photos. Everything else about the devices is "meh".
    RevePro likes this.
    10-22-2018 12:21 AM
    Keep the Note 9. It's the better overall phone for the money. The only two things you'd be getting with the Pixel 3/XL (vs the Note 9) are fast updates and the best camera phone for photos. Everything else about the devices is "meh".
    Then again, timely security updates and the camera might be more important to you.
    aximtreo and RevePro like this.
    10-22-2018 12:34 AM
    I have both and I'm keeping both.
    10-22-2018 12:35 AM
    same here
    RevePro likes this.
    10-22-2018 12:40 AM
    I'd suggest you sell the Note 9. I can't describe the difference between Samsung devices and even mid-range $200 devices. Samsungs are fast at first but quickly degrade. Stock Android devices like the Pixel are much faster and stay fast. I've confirmed this against my S8 after demoing the Pixel 3 XL.

Ultimately your choice, notch vs better camera and long-term software.
    10-22-2018 02:25 AM
    I'd suggest you sell the Note 9. I can't describe the difference between Samsung devices and even mid-range $200 devices. Samsungs are fast at first but quickly degrade. Stock Android devices like the Pixel are much faster and stay fast. I've confirmed this against my S8 after demoing the Pixel 3 XL.

Ultimately your choice, notch vs better camera and long-term software.
    what notch?
    Coop61 likes this.
    10-22-2018 06:28 AM
    Stick with note 9..
    10-22-2018 06:42 AM
    Samsungs are fast at first but quickly degrade.
    This is an old stereotype that needs to be destroyed with acid and dynamite. It simply is not true anymore.
    dsignori, aximtreo, verks and 2 others like this.
    10-22-2018 07:47 AM
    This is an old stereotype that needs to be destroyed with acid and dynamite. It simply is not true anymore.
    Agreed. Ever since the S8, it hasn't been a problem really. Also, weren't there plenty of Pixel 2's with degraded performance issues?
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    10-22-2018 07:53 AM
    I had a Google Pixel 2XL and mistakingly downgraded to a Note 9.i absolutely hated the note 9. It had the worst camera of any phone I've had in the past 5 years.

I went back out and got a pixel 2 XL and the note 9 sat on my nightstand. I recently traded that note 9 for Google pixel 3XL. I now have a Google pixel 3XL and a Google pixel 2 XL as a spare. I could not be happier with the 3XL.
    aximtreo, RevePro and Emperor like this.
    10-22-2018 08:10 AM
    I do not think it is a smart decision
    10-22-2018 08:11 AM
    If Samsung could get their act together with their cameras, i would probably pickup the note 9. It's only $900 at TMobile, so compared to the 64gb 3 xl it's a pretty good value. The camera, bixby and dealing with all of Samsung duplicate apps when i just want to use Google's is why i would have a hard time adjusting to it coming from the 2xl.
    10-22-2018 01:11 PM
    Idk, my last Samsung was an S6 and i liked it a lot, the note 9 looks like a beast and even though im going with a Pixel 3...if i had a note 9 already id keep it and look at maybe a pixel 4 next year. i know the camera on the pixel is a better camera, but the note 9 had so much going for it.
    10-22-2018 01:55 PM
    If Samsung could get their act together with their cameras, i would probably pickup the note 9. It's only $900 at TMobile, so compared to the 64gb 3 xl it's a pretty good value. The camera, bixby and dealing with all of Samsung duplicate apps when i just want to use Google's is why i would have a hard time adjusting to it coming from the 2xl.
    Debating between upgrading from the Pixel 2 to the Pixel 3, Note 9 or V40. All the reasons you listed are what's holding me back on the Note 9. I just don't know if I want to deal with the extra stuff. Not to mention if the camera is foobar'd right now I don't need that. I need a working camera.

The V40 is impressive on paper and I played with one, it feels nice and has much tighter integration with Google apps and very few LG apps from what I could see. I just worry about LGs execution and the camera not being that good. But on paper it should be awesome.

The Pixel 3/3XL is just, IDK it feels like it's lacking. It's solid but boring and not really fun. And for the price I want something kind of fun.
    10-22-2018 02:12 PM
    Hear Samsung has a box, that you drag all the apps in that you don't use.
    So they are not there in yet way.
    I thought that was pretty cool.
    10-22-2018 02:48 PM
    If you're mainly interested in security updates, the Verizon S and Note series are only running behind Google like 3 weeks so that's not an issue. Of course, platform updates do run behind if that's your thing but a lot of "new" features that Google pushes out in platform updates have already been baked into the Samsung Experience UI (e.g., blue-light filter, picture in picture, etc.)

Key hardware advantages for the Note 9 vs. Pixel 3xl. I'm comparing base models.

- 128GB base storage (up to 512GB)
    - 6GB RAM base
    - Dual Cameras
    - Expandable storage via micro SD card (up to 512GB extra)
    - S-Pen
    - 4000 mah battery
    - headphone jack

Base model for Note 9 with 128GB Storage /6GB RAM starts at $999. Base model for Pixel 3XL with 64GB storage/4GB RAM starts at $899.

So the question is are the platform updates, faster UI experience, subjective camera advantages worth a $100 cost savings vs. a better screen, S-Pen, double the base storage, 2GB more RAM, expandable storage, and bigger battery? This is comparing base vs. base. A 128GB Pixel 3XL would be $999, same as a base Note 9.
    10-22-2018 03:04 PM
    Debating between upgrading from the Pixel 2 to the Pixel 3, Note 9 or V40. All the reasons you listed are what's holding me back on the Note 9. I just don't know if I want to deal with the extra stuff. Not to mention if the camera is foobar'd right now I don't need that. I need a working camera.

The V40 is impressive on paper and I played with one, it feels nice and has much tighter integration with Google apps and very few LG apps from what I could see. I just worry about LGs execution and the camera not being that good. But on paper it should be awesome.

The Pixel 3/3XL is just, IDK it feels like it's lacking. It's solid but boring and not really fun. And for the price I want something kind of fun.
    I told you my gut feeling you be with pixel ... You need stock Android lol
    10-22-2018 03:06 PM
67 123