Seeing Constant Articles About How iPhone beats Pixel 3 in speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well that's not specific to Pixel 3, Apple's A series processors are pretty great. But there is lots of different reasons why people choose Android over iOS or vice versa. All these benchmarks and speed test of how fast a bunch of apps open etc are meaningless to me personally whether it's faster on iOS or Android.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Speed in what? Speed test app? That's pretty meaningless unless you run that speed test app all day. It may be faster except in 2 processes - and the app you depend on constantly is using one of those processes almost constantly, meaning that the app that you use runs faster on a P3.

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
It's really a non issue, I don't think anyone who uses a pixel will say it is not fast. Yes, Apple is a generation ahead in their chips. Google will fix the memory issues I am sure.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
For all those times we open app after app and half to wait a half a second longer because something closed....

Im always thinking to myself in this situation "Wow, i really wish i had <insert faster phone> so this loading of an app would be done already..." then i realize finishing that thought, the app is loaded.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
For GPU iPhone clear winner only one close is probably the 1+6 . but for everyday app usage iPhone and pix 3 fast enough where the 1+6 blow both them away

WarBeagle

Oct 14, 2018
Visit site
I don't see how this would bother the average consumer in the least. I guess if it does and folks need that extra quarter or half a second response, the logical action would be return the P3 and get an iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.