Burn in on sides of the notch?

DarkNeo

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I've used my new Pixel 3 XL for about 4-5 hours and I'm noticing in burn in already. It's on the top next to the notch. I've been watching videos on in full screen though. Not blacking out the notch area or anything. Anyone else seeing this? I just turned on the option to hide to the notch maybe 10 minutes max yesterday... Didn't like it. I'm trying to get a picture of it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't think messing with the notch in deveolper setting is a good choice , should wait until Google puts it In the settings by default . Samsung phones use to have the navigation bar option in black but soon took it off because of screen burn in even 3rd party I'd wait until Google brings it . just my opinion

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I've used my new Pixel 3 XL for about 4-5 hours and I'm noticing in burn in already. It's on the top next to the notch. I've been watching videos on in full screen though. Not blacking out the notch area or anything. Anyone else seeing this? I just turned on the option to hide to the notch maybe 10 minutes max yesterday... Didn't like it. I'm trying to get a picture of it.

I can't see any. Where exactly are you seeing it? In the notification area? What do you see? Ghost images of notifications?

DarkNeo

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
It's next to the notch area. Basically where the notifications are. That whole area in both sides are always just a different shade that the rest of the screen.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It's next to the notch area. Basically where the notifications are. That whole area in both sides are always just a different shade that the rest of the screen.

Just checked mine with both dark and light wallpaper. Absolutely no burn in anywhere

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
AMOLED screens can get a permanent burn in, and has been their biggest drawback since their inception. LCD doesn't, but may get temporary image retention.

Yes, they can. But that doesn't mean that they automatically will. When used properly and in properly designed systems this won't be an issue.

The fact that this is possible doesn't make this technology "inherently defective", and it doesn't mean anyone should ditch it.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, they can. But that doesn't mean that they automatically will. When used properly and in properly designed systems this won't be an issue.

The fact that this is possible doesn't make this technology "inherently defective", and it doesn't mean anyone should ditch it.
I use my phone quite a bit, which withhold make me more susceptible to it. Not to mention I generally don't like the color calibration on them. So it's not so much me ditching that's technology, but more refusing to adopt it in the first place.

Vikas204

Oct 23, 2018
Visit site
All the OLED screens are bound to have lcd burn no matter what. But they also display a much vibrant image than any other type of screen.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
All the OLED screens are bound to have lcd burn no matter what. But they also display a much vibrant image than any other type of screen.

OLED = Organic Light Emitting Diode
LCD = Liquid Crystal Display

These are totally different technologies and do not work the same way. So your statement that "All of the OLED screens are bound to have lcd burn no matter what." makes no sense.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet