Email program

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
I like deleting emails I know I will not want to keep.
But there are some I'd like to keep in the deleted folder longer.
But not in my in box.
On empty trash in deleted folder, it gets rid of everything.

Why would you put things you want to keep in your trash? If you want it out of your way put it somewhere else. It's really like putting paper files in the recycling at work and then getting huffy that they actually took the stuff in the recycling bin away.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
On Samsung mail program.
I could put stuff in trash and delete only what I wanted to delete.
And leave what I wanted to leave , in case be I might want it a week or two later.
Gmail don't give you that option.
So I got rid of it.
Not a good idea to try and force nothing on me .
I won't have things forced on me.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
So. I currently use an XS Max and have used iPhones for years. Every once in awhile I get the Android itch. So I just ordered a Pixel 3 XL from google with the $200 off.

But one thing that irkes me on Android is that I haven’t found an emai app that’s very similar to the mail all in iOS. I have my outlook.com email set up as Exchange, and I like the minimalist view of iOS mail. I don’t like the MS Outlook app, and I don’t like the gmail app. I remember on Samsung and older android phones, they had a basic email program that I liked, but it is not supplied any more.

Anyone have a suggestion for an email app that’s really close to the iOS app that does exchange?

Ten Four

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
The OP could just create a label in Gmail and call it Trash or whatever. Just label it and Archive and then you can pull it up any time you want. Personally, I just Archive and skip the labels since Google's search functionality is so good. Removes the stuff from the Inbox but allows you to find and use it later if needed. You can even set up a Filter to automatically Archive stuff if you want to.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I use Newton and sometimes the BB hub

The hub is great but there are still some Gremlins with deleting mail off the server , it also feels just a hair slower than other apps.

Newton is great, super quick, sips battery and just works. Just lacks a dark mode.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Coming from a Samsung, i got be used to Samsung email program.
Gmail deleted all of your deleted emails.
You can't pick and choose what you may want to keep a little longer.

I downloaded Blue Mail email.

Anybody else using it.
Or is there something better.
Don't think I want Microsoft exployer.

I use GMail. Emails I want to deleted I delete and they go to trash which I delete fairly regularly. Emails I want to keep go to Archive where they don't get deleted unless I specifically choose to delete the.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Both Gmail and Outlook have Archive feature. Learn to use it, OP. That's what you should use from day one instead of put in deleted folder and want it stay.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie