Email program

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Microsoft Outlook since 1987.
Today there are several flavors of Outlook
Microsoft.com - a browser based app.
Microsoft Outlook - an Android app.
Microsoft Outlook - an Apple app.
Microsoft Outlook - the PC based app.

I use:
Microsoft Outlook 365 PC app on my Windows 10 PC
Microsoft Outlook Android app on my Pixel 3 XL.

They stay in sync perfectly.

SylvaiNN

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Aquamail user here for years and really happy with it!
So much settings, you can do whatever you want with it!
Just give it a try you won't regret it!

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
They do. You are doing it wrong by hitting "Empty Trash" then wondering why it deletes all.

You can delete single emails in the trash folder just like you can from your inbox. It is literally no different.
However, GMAIL auto deletes trash after 30 days and I do not see a way to change the time frame or eliminate it.

1718145443.jpeg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't disagree but that does not seem to be the functionality desired by the original poster.

I agree if 30 days is a deal breaker then Gmail wouldn't work at all anyway because even when using a 3rd party app if it puts it into "Trash" the Gmail server will delete it regardless if you use the Gmail app or not.

That isn't an app thing more so a Google side thing hence you seeing that same disclaimer on desktop. Therefore he would need to disregard Gmail/Google entirely and go elsewhere or just not put stuff in trash that you don't truly want to trash. One of the two.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I agree if 30 days is a deal breaker then Gmail wouldn't work at all anyway because even when using a 3rd party app if it puts it into "Trash" the Gmail server will delete it regardless if you use the Gmail app or not.

That isn't an app thing more so a Google side thing hence you seeing that same disclaimer on desktop. Therefore he would need to disregard Gmail/Google entirely and go elsewhere or just not put stuff in trash that you don't truly want to trash. One of the two.
Right. Simple fix? Just swipe everything into Archive. It disappears from the Inbox and stays *forever* in the Archive unless you go there and clean it out.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Right. Simple fix? Just swipe everything into Archive. It disappears from the Inbox and stays *forever* in the Archive unless you go there and clean it out.

Definitely another good suggestion. I move stuff into folders (have my Gmail completely organized between life/health/bought stuff/etc.) and just keep stuff that I truly think I may need one day since most emails are very minor on storage.

Good suggestion though because I forgot about the archive function.

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
BlackBerry Hub for me. Lots of features, familiar interface from my BlackBerry days and I try to avoid Gmail. Google has enough info on me.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Man I been using aqua mail along with outlook.

Aqua mail keeps sending me notifications wanting me to buy the program.
Finally bothered me from so many notifications, i deleted it again.