12-06-2018 02:24 PM
170 ... 567
tools
    Ironically you can setup a pin or fingerprint to send money
    Or not, and GP can send money with no further PW confirmation other than unlocking your phone.
    12-03-2018 12:30 PM
    Or not, and GP can send money with no further PW confirmation other than unlocking your phone.
    Understood.... Just pointing out the extra security is available for sending payments but not terminal payments
    neo158 and Robisan like this.
    12-03-2018 12:56 PM
    Man if you guys think Google Pay is so good, then you never used ApplePay.

I've used ApplyPay for years and it works way faster than Google Pay.

Since I put my XS Max in the drawer after getting my Pixel 3 XL, I've been using Google Pay at my usual haunts, and it is so slow and sometimes I think it isn't gong to work, and then all the sudden it does.

The iPhone must have a better NFC transceiver or something. When I put my iPhone next to a payment box, it immediately comes up and does the transaction.

With my Pixel, I have to unlock it first with my finger, then hold it next to the payment box, and wait....and wait....and wait....then it finally works.

I haven't replaced my Apple Watch with a WearOS watch yet. I haven't decided on which one to get yet, although I am leaning towards the Fossil Explorer. So lets see how well it works when I get a new watch. But as far as the phone is concerned, and iPhone works way better that the Pixel for NFC payments.
    I Can Be Your Hero likes this.
    12-06-2018 11:17 AM

Since I put my XS Max in the drawer after getting my Pixel 3 XL, I've been using Google Pay at my usual haunts, and it is so slow and sometimes I think it isn't gong to work, and then all the sudden it does.

The iPhone must have a better NFC transceiver or something. When I put my iPhone next to a payment box, it immediately comes up and does the transaction.

With my Pixel, I have to unlock it first with my finger, then hold it next to the payment box, and wait....and wait....and wait....then it finally works.

I haven't replaced my Apple Watch with a WearOS watch yet. I haven't decided on which one to get yet, although I am leaning towards the Fossil Explorer. So lets see how well it works when I get a new watch. But as far as the phone is concerned, and iPhone works way better that the Pixel for NFC payments.
    There's only one problem.
    Don't like Apple phones.
    12-06-2018 11:24 AM

I use Apple Pay now, have used Google Pay tons before, and Samsung Pay. I haven't found one or the other to be "way faster" in my travels.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    12-06-2018 11:38 AM
    I use Apple Pay now, have used Google Pay tons before, and Samsung Pay. I haven't found one or the other to be "way faster" in my travels.
    I haven't used any of them much , but from your experience Samsung pay works more places then the others?
    12-06-2018 11:46 AM
    I haven't used any of them much , but from your experience Samsung pay works more places then the others?
    Well it does since it can work on normal card readers (ones that don't take NFC payments) -- otherwise they are the same. NFC payments have come a long way in the US so far now so there are a lot of places I can use Apple Pay now w/ my Watch & iPhone (and of course Google Pay would work there as well). Hell I even paid for a haircut two days ago with it .
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-06-2018 11:56 AM
    Well it does since it can work on normal card readers (ones that don't take NFC payments) -- otherwise they are the same. NFC payments have come a long way in the US so far now so there are a lot of places I can use Apple Pay now w/ my Watch & iPhone (and of course Google Pay would work there as well). Hell I even paid for a haircut two days ago with it .
    Nice ...
    I love to use it at my Dunkin Donuts I'm there often, but I get the police/town discount if I pay cash.The owner told me if I pay credit he has to charge me full price because he loses his percentage through CC machine. But I'm going try it for haircut and other things see how it goes , I have them in all my phones should get on the ball and start using them lol.
    12-06-2018 12:06 PM

I have both....I have never seen Google pay act as you describe. Not suggesting that you're not experiencing it but something must not be right.
    12-06-2018 12:18 PM
    Nice ...
    I love to use it at my Dunkin Donuts I'm there often, but I get the police/town discount if I pay cash.The owner told me if I pay credit he has to charge me full price because he loses his percentage through CC machine. But I'm going try it for haircut and other things see how it goes , I have them in all my phones should get on the ball and start using them lol.
    Yeah basically if you see this symbol somewhere (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contactless_payment) you can do Google Pay / Apple Pay. Sometimes they specifically say Apple Pay or G Pay -- but if you see this symbol it should pretty much work the same.
    12-06-2018 12:52 PM
    Yeah basically if you see this symbol somewhere (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contactless_payment) you can do Google Pay / Apple Pay. Sometimes they specifically say Apple Pay or G Pay -- but if you see this symbol it should pretty much work the same.
    Cool..thanks
    Now if you Multiple cards does it keep 1 as default or swipe between them and choose the one you want to use at that moment?
    12-06-2018 12:56 PM
    Cool..thanks
    Now if you Multiple cards does it keep 1 as default or swipe between them and choose the one you want to use at that moment?
    You can put in multiple and pick a default.
    Do you want one of mine?
    12-06-2018 01:13 PM
    You can put in multiple and pick a default.
    Do you want one of mine?
    Hahaha...is it valid?
    With the multiple cards can I leave without any being default?
    12-06-2018 01:15 PM
    For Google Pay you have to have a default but if you open the app you can choose another payment method for that transaction or change it to default.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-06-2018 01:18 PM
    My wife has ApplePay (iPhone X) and I use Google Pay (many devices before P3). They are basically the same speed wise. No difference what so ever. It is probably down to the place where you pay has a marginal cell signal and iPhones are better at getting connected. I know a few Whole Foods store near me always have poor cell signal. Many times I can't get my Amazon app to show Prime membership bar code.
    12-06-2018 01:21 PM
    Hahaha...is it valid?
    With the multiple cards can I leave without any being default?
    I just looked at Apple Pay and you have to go into settings to change payment unless someone knows otherwise. I don't normally use Apple Pay.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-06-2018 01:23 PM
    I just looked at Apple Pay and you have to go into settings to change payment unless someone knows otherwise. I don't normally use Apple Pay.
    Appreciate the feedback
    12-06-2018 01:30 PM
    I had the S8+ and Samsung Pay was super fast and smooth. I used to ignore Google Pay on that phone.

I now have the LG V40 and I'm using Google Pay and it is faster than any previous phone I used it on. Maybe the V40 has a better NFC chip. I'm not knowledgeable about that but it's been working really well.
    12-06-2018 01:37 PM
    Cool..thanks
    Yes you can set one as a default and then swipe to others if need be.
    mustang7757 and DMP89145 like this.
    12-06-2018 01:39 PM
    Yes you can set one as a default and then swipe to others if need be.
    Thank you
    12-06-2018 02:24 PM
170 ... 567