02-16-2019 04:59 PM
38 12
tools
    When there was a federal government, these problems were easier to solve. Since the FCC is mainly shut down now, the solution is not as simple.

The FCC takes complaints, both on their web site and by toll-free call (neither can be used right now) for wireless carriers. If your new phone solves the problem, great, end of story. Live happily ever after.

If the new phone does not solve the problem, you politely thank the Verizon rep, and take their name and position down. You then open a complaint with the FCC. Within two business days the Verizon Executive Offices will call you back. (Similar from all carriers, pass the word around.) Every time a complaint is filed, they get a demerit. When they ask for rate hikes, someone opens the folder, says "Eh, too many demerits, no hike for you!" so the carriers have a real simple incentive to CLEAR THE COMPLAINT. And if they do something silly like reply it has been cleared--but the problem is still happening--more demerits.

The contact from the Executive Offices is the *only* support person at Verizon who will be allowed to talk to you about anything. Your file gets red flagged as a hot potato. And the XO rep? Actually has the power to do whatever is needed to fix the problem. If the problem is some mystery in Pixel3 phones on their service...Yes, they can replace your phone with an S9 or any comparable phone in order to try fixing the problem. Or to simply refund your purchase, take back the old phone, and make whatever other arrangements work.

In some states there is a State Utilities Commission or other office that also regulates wireless carriers as well as landline, but the FCC has authority over all wireless carriers, in all of the US. And they seem to scare the daylights out of the carriers when they say "A complaint was filed...".
    01-18-2019 04:26 PM
    Yes, a new Pixel 3.
    Hopefully that will resolve the problem
    01-18-2019 04:48 PM
    So, the other Pixel 3 they sent me had the same issue. I called Verizon and they agreed to send me out a Samsung Galaxy S9 (no charge). I sent the Pixel 3 back today and she's up and running on the S9. Over the weekend, we saw her brother and he asked "How is the Pixel 3 doing?" He has one as well. I told him the issue...and he said "Oh, I have that too. I thought it was because I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile." I told him nope...it's just an issue with the Pixel 3. Glad this is over and appreciate Verizon sending out a Galaxy 9 to resolve the issue for me.
    02-11-2019 12:19 PM
    So, the other Pixel 3 they sent me had the same issue. I called Verizon and they agreed to send me out a Samsung Galaxy S9 (no charge). I sent the Pixel 3 back today and she's up and running on the S9. Over the weekend, we saw her brother and he asked "How is the Pixel 3 doing?" He has one as well. I told him the issue...and he said "Oh, I have that too. I thought it was because I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile." I told him nope...it's just an issue with the Pixel 3. Glad this is over and appreciate Verizon sending out a Galaxy 9 to resolve the issue for me.
    Great that they allowed you to swap
    02-11-2019 01:33 PM
    How long did you have the Pixel?
    02-12-2019 02:06 AM
    I am Having the same issue with my pixel 3XL 3 times already today
    Sometimes it is when I use speaker other times not.
    02-13-2019 01:36 PM
    How long did you have the Pixel?
    I purchased the Pixel 3 in November 2018.
    02-13-2019 03:30 PM
    Sometimes it is when I use speaker other times not.
    Yep...exactly what my wife was experiencing. So far, she's had no problems using the Samsung Galaxy S9.
    02-13-2019 03:31 PM
    Yep...exactly what my wife was experiencing. So far, she's had no problems using the Samsung Galaxy S9.
    It is really frustrating, I can hear them but it takes like 3 seconds before they can hear me and sometimes they say you sound like Charlie Brown. LOL
    I really like the phone and have spent $60 on a UAG Monarch case and $30.00 something on a Zagg screen protector. I Just want it fixed D@mmit
    Any fixes coming?????

I am on Verizon and I just got the phone Feb 8th
    02-13-2019 03:42 PM
    It is really frustrating, I can hear them but it takes like 3 seconds before they can hear me and sometimes they say you sound like Charlie Brown. LOL
    I really like the phone and have spent $60 on a UAG Monarch case and $30.00 something on a Zagg screen protector. I Just want it fixed D@mmit
    Any fixes coming?????

I would HOPE Google will be fixing it, but my wife couldn't wait for it, and I don't blame her. She uses her phone for work and we've recently got rid of our landline home phone, so she uses her cell even more these past few months.
    Utahtrapper likes this.
    02-14-2019 12:11 PM
    Any fixes coming?????

You are still well within the 14 day return period. Based on the fact that people have been complaining about this issue since release and that no fixes have been forthcoming I'd recommend that you return that for your second choice in devices (Samsung, Apple, whatever) rather than wait for Google to ACKNOWLEDGE that there's a problem, much less fix it.
    02-14-2019 02:00 PM
    Interesting, though, that so far all the complaints have been from Pixel 3 owners - you're the first one who has mentioned a Pixel 3 XL.
    02-14-2019 02:11 PM
    Any fixes coming?????

Yeah, I would return it...you are still within the 14 day window. My wife said she actually likes the Samsung Galaxy S9 even more than the Pixel 3.
    02-16-2019 04:59 PM
38 12