Now playing not working on lock screen?

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Now Playing doesn't show up on my lock screen, but the history shows up in settings.

Do you have both these settings enabled?

Settings>Sound>Now Playing>Show Songs on Lock Screen, with a button to enable/disable the setting.

Settings>Apps & notifications>Notifications>On lock screen, with three choices, Show all notification content, Hide sensitive content, & Don't show notifications at all.

If each of those settings aren't set correctly, they might not show on the lock screen.

bhemi73

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Try to clear cache & storege to pixel ambient service or disabled other lockscreen service,

That was actually one of the steps I deal when talking with Google support. It had no effect. The thing I find annoying is that the Google engineer said the Pixel 2 doesn't function like that when I have lists of songs from my P2 when I was streaming. That's one way I've been able to purchase new music this last year.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Mine's not working either. Nothing to do with it not getting songs or the database as I had songs every day on it before. Never see a lock screen notification of a song title and nothing in my history since November 22nd.

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I saw the exact same issue. nothing in my Now Playing history since 11/22.
I cleared cache on ambient services & google app. uninstalled updates and then reinstalled google app / ambient service updates. that fixed the issue. No explanation as to why Now playing suddenly stopped working accept a google update

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Works fine for me just doesn't pick all the songs up. I've got the shortcut and check everyone once in a while.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Seen a song on the always-on screen for the first time in ages today, probably no coincidence that I got the December update yesterday. I don't see the built-in history in the settings any more either.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
Seen a song on the always-on screen for the first time in ages today, probably no coincidence that I got the December update yesterday. I don't see the built-in history in the settings any more either.

Same here - BUT - I have the history list of songs. It may be my imagination, but I think my P2 was better at "now playing" than my P3 is.

Parvaz Bhaskar

Mar 19, 2019
Visit site
Do you have both these settings enabled?

Settings>Sound>Now Playing>Show Songs on Lock Screen, with a button to enable/disable the setting.

Settings>Apps & notifications>Notifications>On lock screen, with three choices, Show all notification content, Hide sensitive content, & Don't show notifications at all.

If each of those settings aren't set correctly, they might not show on the lock screen.

This worked for me :

go to settings and search for battery optimisation, then in there select to show all apps and disable battery optimisation for Pixel and Pixel Ambient Services.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12