Pixel 3 USB Connector Loose?

preolmy

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a Pixel 3 XL and have noticed all my USB C cables do stay connected to my phone. They just don't have much click or snap and fall out. Been using the wireless charging so much I had not noticed untill now. Anyone else having that issue? Thanks.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I could be misinformed, but I don't think the connector is supposed to be a tight fit, but not overly loose.

If the cord gets yanked or snagged on something, it is supposed to have a little give to disconnect without damaging the port.

If you feel like something is wrong, then by all means get on the horn with support.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a Pixel 3 XL and have noticed all my USB C cables do stay connected to my phone. They just don't have much click or snap and fall out. Been using the wireless charging so much I had not noticed untill now. Anyone else having that issue? Thanks.

Check for lint or debris in the port

diesel97

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

Are the cables that came with phone feel like they are going to fall out also? not all cable ends are created equal lol

preolmy

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I did find my original cable it was better. Overall does not seem as snappy\clicky as my Pixel XL was. Curious if this is just my phone or how others feel?

Larry Colen

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my new Pixel 3 XL. Some cables work, others don't at all, some work but will disconnect far too easily. I was wondering if it is endemic to the phone or if I just have a bad one.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my new Pixel 3 XL. Some cables work, others don't at all, some work but will disconnect far too easily. I was wondering if it is endemic to the phone or if I just have a bad one.

It's not normal. How is the factory cable?
Check the port for lint with a toothpick. Lint could prevent the cables from fully seating.

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
This is an old thread but my Pixel 3 has gotten really bad with loose connections. I bought a set of wireless earbuds because I could no longer use the wired buds that came with the phone, they would come unplugged almost immediately when I was walking. I can't use Android Auto because it constantly unplugs. I have to be careful charging because I think it's charging but all the while is disconnected.

I've tried cleaning the port, which helps a little bit, for a little while. Anyone else having this problem, or have any advice for a more thorough cleaning?

Is it possible for the port to wear out?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This is an old thread but my Pixel 3 has gotten really bad with loose connections. I bought a set of wireless earbuds because I could no longer use the wired buds that came with the phone, they would come unplugged almost immediately when I was walking. I can't use Android Auto because it constantly unplugs. I have to be careful charging because I think it's charging but all the while is disconnected.

I've tried cleaning the port, which helps a little bit, for a little while. Anyone else having this problem, or have any advice for a more thorough cleaning?

Is it possible for the port to wear out?
The charging port do wear , good thing is you have wireless charging.

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, I took a tiny screw driver, from an eyeglass repair kit, and got right down in the port. I got out some gunk and lint and it seems to be working better now. Still a little touchy, but at least usable now.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well, I took a tiny screw driver, from an eyeglass repair kit, and got right down in the port. I got out some gunk and lint and it seems to be working better now. Still a little touchy, but at least usable now.
Maybe try Can of compressed air to clean it out more

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital