Are people complaining to Google about the awful audio?

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm not confident Google is going to fix the horrible "tinny" sound of the audio recording, since they've pretty much described it as an intentional feature. But I'd imagine if it would be more likely for them to make potential adjustments if they receive a lot of negative user feedback. So are those of you in the android central community providing such feedback?

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Playing back movies or You Tube videos sound fine to me. However IMO when recording video the audio could use some help.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Does yours sound similar to SUPERSAF's and other youtubers and you just don't mind it or does yours not have that tinny sound?

Doesn't sound tinny to me.... Not saying it's great ... Just don't find it a deal breaker. The best audio recording I've heard is on LG devices.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I hope they fix it also, however it definitely sounds better than my experience with the 2XL which had a lot of hissing especially during quite moments. My 3XL doesn't do that.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I hope they fix it also, however it definitely sounds better than my experience with the 2XL which had a lot of hissing especially during quite moments. My 3XL doesn't do that.

They never fixed that hissing problem, nor did they fix the auto focus issue on the Nexus 6. I agree hissing isn't the issue on the pixel 3, but you still can't hear ambient sounds in quiet scenes. If Google does fix the audio issue, which I'm doubtful of. I'd consider getting one again off Swappa or eBay later once the prices drop a bit.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Same question to you that I posed to Mike Dee above.

I'm not sure what you mean by SUPERSAF's, but it sure is an improvement over the single bottom firing speaker in my Pixel 1. Sure, it doesn't produce the bass of my Bose home stereo, but it sounds good to me.