Adaptive Brightness

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Agree. Learn faster.
One day it will - as soon as someone figures out what AI actually is. (So far, we're like cavemen trying to figure out how to fly, when it comes to AI - everything is called AI, but there's really no such thing yet.)

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
been using since last night and i can see it adjusting based (closely) on what my ideal lighting would be for dark and lite areas. i am hopeful as i keep adjusting it will keep learning and getting better, very cool technology i appreciate coming from iPhone 7+.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have left everything at default, adaptive brightness, adaptive battery all on and looks to be fine. Anyway I wouldn't know as I had mentioned before I don't have battery percent on the status bar

So far over the 2 weeks I haven't had any battery concerns. Helps I charge when I get a chance in car, work etc. My day to day scenario always have my wireless chargers close by and even while driving charge at car. So very rare I run into scenario with any phone worrying about battery.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Good to know just letting the phone do it's thing and not monitoring the battery eventually settles in. I'm honestly not too impressed at day 3 with the standby time but I expect it to improve. I also have enough means to charge, coming from an iPhone 7 plus I was shocked this morning to see 40 mins on fast charger got me 90% +battery
I have left everything at default, adaptive brightness, adaptive battery all on and looks to be fine. Anyway I wouldn't know as I had mentioned before I don't have battery percent on the status bar

So far over the 2 weeks I haven't had any battery concerns. Helps I charge when I get a chance in car, work etc. My day to day scenario always have my wireless chargers close by and even while driving charge at car. So very rare I run into scenario with any phone worrying about battery.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Well, day 3 on pixel 3 xl and this learning AI stinks. Freaking blinds me in a totally dark room. I drop it down over and over to like 15% and as soon as I lock the phone and pick it up after few minutes, the dang thing is back up to close to 70%. Still in the same dang room at bed time as dark as can be. So frustrating and blinding. This better go away soon. What a stupid thing. Really.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yep the auto dimming/adaptive brightness features on the pixels seems to be a weak spot. Doesn't seem to work too well. On my previous phones the auto adjust feature worked great..... makes the pixel look even worse unfortunately :-[

Thankfully mines not as bad as some others..... I never messed with my settings because I had a hunch it would just make the problem worse. I've considered turning it off as well, but it works right more often than not and is a handy feature so I've left it on ;-)

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I guess I'm one of the luckier ones. It too a few days to get it adapt properly, for sure. But I haven't had to touch it again after initial adjustment. Just checked it and it's spot on 40% indoors.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance