[Pixel XL3] - How do I change the LONG PRESS HOME BUTTON behavior?

JaaayJ

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi there... On my old phone I could change the LONG PRESS BEHAVIOR on my phone so it loaded an app of my choice rather than google assistant (I like it to open messages). Anyway... I can not seem to find that setting in Android 9 on my new Pixel XL3. I have tried googleing but I get a billion hits for old versions of android that doesn't have the same setting menus.

Dose anyone know how to change the LONG PRESS behavior on Android 9. Preferably without a 3rd party app.

JaaayJ

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Some dude on Reddit Heloped me out..

Search for "assist app" in the settings menu. But by default you can only open apps designated as assistants like Google Assistant and Cortana.

I now have installed "Home Launcher" that I have been using for many years and assigned it to the LONG PRESS. Home Launcher can be set to open a menu of items or if you only have 1 app assigned auto open that app

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Some dude on Reddit Heloped me out..

I now have installed "Home Launcher" that I have been using for many years and assigned it to the LONG PRESS. Home Launcher can be set to open a menu of items or if you only have 1 app assigned auto open that app

Good info, thank you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech