November Security Patch Now Live -- Updated @ 11/5 1PM EST)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: So who has the November Security Patch?

I have it on my s9+ pie beta, my pix I'm still waiting thought it was going roll out .

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

AFAIK it hasn't been released yet. When it drops, you'll see articles on places like Android Central or Droid Life.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Generally drops around first Monday of the month or around 5th if I recall correctly. Won't be surprised if we see a blog post on Monday with security patch details and slow roll out begins. They probably will also release OTA images of the update that we can flash on Monday.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

Anyone know if Night Sight will be released with the November security patch?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Most likely not, probably sometime in December. It'll be surprising if it's going to release two weeks after launch. Probably will be in some 9.0.1 update is my guess.
Anyone know if Night Sight will be released with the November security patch?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

They're talking about having November patch over on the Note 9 forums. Is that bogus or did Samsung actually beat out Google?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

No, Google releases security patches to every OEM before hand and it's up to the OEMs when to release. On Samsung I think it's the Android Pie beta version that has November security built in so not the official version. And also Samsung has million useless variants of one model, so one country might get an update and another country may get next month and then add carriers to that mix etc. Basically it's a mess.

The only two companies that are guaranteed regular security updates every month is Google and Essential. They both release security updates on same day once Google puts a blog post about that months security updates which is generally around the 5th of the month. Essential pushes out to all their phones at once but Google does a slow roll out and you'll see bragging rights in Essential forums or subreddit about how they beat Google etc

Either way even if someone doesn't want to wait for slow Google rollout then they can manually flash the OTA image and get the update immediately.
They're talking about having November patch over on the Note 9 forums. Is that bogus or did Samsung actually beat out Google?

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Hard to ship the phones with the November patch when it came out in October :p.

But what about the October patch? When I got my 3 XL on Oct 15 and it had the Sept patch, I immediately went to System Update to get the Oct patch. My 2 XL had the Oct patch. Why wasn't the Oct patch made available for the 3 XL?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

But what about the October patch? When I got my 3 XL on Oct 15 and it had the Sept patch, I immediately went to System Update to get the Oct patch. My 2 XL had the Oct patch. Why wasn't the Oct patch made available for the 3 XL?

They don't update to October patch since they don't write for it. They just do it the next month along w/ some fixes if needed.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

They don't update to October patch since they don't write for it. They just do it the next month along w/ some fixes if needed.

OK. Apparently there were no security issues patched in the Oct update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair