Time for my yearly Pixel indecision!

psteve2005

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I have a Pixel 3 and love it, absolutely love it, however more battery is always nice!

Anyone gone P3 to P3XL? If so are you pleased you switched or not?

On the flip side, anyone downsized? Thoughts?

psteve2005

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
By coincidence I've just noticed that the rear glass panel on my phone isn't flush in one corner so it's going back anyway. Good opportunity to assess.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Keep us posted with what you decide! I'd be interested to see which users have "upsized" or "downsized" their Pixel 3's!

psteve2005

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Will do. I do this every year as I get battery jealousy!

I'm struggling to ignore the OP6T now too. Trouble is I've taken such stunning photos with my Pixels (1, 2 and now 3) that I think I'd miss the camera too much.

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
got the 3xl, battery life is freaking cool!! I've heard that the normal 3 is actually just fine too, you know, depends on what you do with it.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

I'm struggling to ignore the OP6T now too. Trouble is I've taken such stunning photos with my Pixels (1, 2 and now 3) that I think I'd miss the camera too much.

The 6T is a nice looking phone, but I can't get myself to make that jump. Being on verizon does make the decision easier -- I am not sure about the coverage of the LTE only band.

That, and I really like my 3XL. There are a couple compromises, but overall I am very happy with my choice.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
The 6T is a nice looking phone, but I can't get myself to make that jump. Being on verizon does make the decision easier -- I am not sure about the coverage of the LTE only band.

That, and I really like my 3XL. There are a couple compromises, but overall I am very happy with my choice.

Don't go one plus that speaker situation is garbage.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Love my pixel 3, coming from an iPhone 7+ it's so small...wish i went with XL now but whatever. I can still consider exchanging for $120 more. Curious to hear what others say.

The battery on my 3 is ok, nothing special...worse than my iPhone 7+.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I was going to try my hand at the P3 but instead went with the XL because of the notch...jk because the battery :)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Yup, the 6T looks awesome too! I've always been tempted by the OP line - when the 7 and the Pixel 4 are out - as well as the LG V50 - I'll be shaking in my boots! 🤣

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Yup, the 6T looks awesome too! I've always been tempted by the OP line - when the 7 and the Pixel 4 are out - as well as the LG V50 - I'll be shaking in my boots! ??????

I saw an unboxing today and the fingerprint sensor looked pretty fast, which surprised me for some reason. I still prefer the FPS on the back, so not really a win in my mind. Phone overall looked nice, and they have been good about updates. Certainly seems like a pretty good option.

That said, I a happy with my XL 3 and not ready to jump ship to OP yet. OP would easily be my second choice of phone right now, above Sammy.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Take your boots off - put your feet on solid ground and remain a Pixel Person - you'll be glad you did.

LOOL I like how you put a soon on my original post! 😊 But you are right: whenever I go stock Android, it's very hard for me to switch to another manufacturer.

psteve2005

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Well my 3XL has arrived and I'm about to box up the 3. I've not had a phone this big since the 6P. Let's see how long I keep it!

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
Well my 3XL has arrived and I'm about to box up the 3. I've not had a phone this big since the 6P. Let's see how long I keep it!

Give yourself time to get used to it - I didn't and ended up sending the P3 back and getting another XL - it is big cuz you can't pack all that coolness into a little phone - :cool:

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Give yourself time to get used to it - I didn't and ended up sending the P3 back and getting another XL - it is big cuz you can't pack all that coolness into a little phone - :cool:

I'm just curious Bill, where do you carry your XL? Front pocket, back pocket, man purse, back pack, belt holster? I'm kidding about a couple of those lol so don't take it wrong ;-)

Just curious how people are carrying these tablet sized phones anymore. I'm 6'3" and like to carry my phones in my front left pocket, but I find a 6+ inch phone in a case is hard to sit comfortably with wearing regular jeans, without having to shift it around. I've tried belt holsters in the past, but they always got in the way or knocked off etc.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I'm just curious Bill, where do you carry your XL? Front pocket, back pocket, man purse, back pack, belt holster? I'm kidding about a couple of those lol so don't take it wrong ;-)

Just curious how people are carrying these tablet sized phones anymore. I'm 6'3" and like to carry my phones in my front left pocket, but I find a 6+ inch phone in a case is hard to sit comfortably with wearing regular jeans, without having to shift it around. I've tried belt holsters in the past, but they always got in the way or knocked off etc.

I carry it either in jacket or shirt pocket, depending on what I'm wearing. Pretty hard to put an XL in pants pocket I think. Being retired, my movements are probably a lot less than those still movin' and groovin' in the work force.

Being a retired old guy with a Pixel 3 XL is about the greatest thing ever - :cool::D

farb12

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Bought the 3xl returned it to get the 3 but now having second thoughts. I'm actually thinking about returning the 3 to get another 3xl. Just don't know if I want to eat another 35 restocking fee not to mention my wife thinks I'm nuts.

psteve2005

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site

I'm a front pocket carrier and I always come up against the portability problem. My rule has always been if I have to take my phone out of my pocket to do up my shoe laces then it's too big. Given that most phones are settling on the 3XL/OP6T/S9+ size I might have to change my rule soon. :)

psteve2005

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site

I gave it four hours! I'm returning it partly due to size, but more for the hefty price tag and hefty notch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton