11-10-2018 01:08 PM
35 12
tools
    I have a Pixel 3 and love it, absolutely love it, however more battery is always nice!

Anyone gone P3 to P3XL? If so are you pleased you switched or not?

On the flip side, anyone downsized? Thoughts?
    11-04-2018 01:47 PM
    By coincidence I've just noticed that the rear glass panel on my phone isn't flush in one corner so it's going back anyway. Good opportunity to assess.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-04-2018 01:56 PM
    Keep us posted with what you decide! I'd be interested to see which users have "upsized" or "downsized" their Pixel 3's!
    11-04-2018 01:59 PM
    Will do. I do this every year as I get battery jealousy!

I'm struggling to ignore the OP6T now too. Trouble is I've taken such stunning photos with my Pixels (1, 2 and now 3) that I think I'd miss the camera too much.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-04-2018 02:01 PM
    got the 3xl, battery life is freaking cool!! I've heard that the normal 3 is actually just fine too, you know, depends on what you do with it.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-04-2018 03:00 PM

I'm struggling to ignore the OP6T now too. Trouble is I've taken such stunning photos with my Pixels (1, 2 and now 3) that I think I'd miss the camera too much.
    The 6T is a nice looking phone, but I can't get myself to make that jump. Being on verizon does make the decision easier -- I am not sure about the coverage of the LTE only band.

That, and I really like my 3XL. There are a couple compromises, but overall I am very happy with my choice.
    11-04-2018 06:46 PM
    The 6T is a nice looking phone, but I can't get myself to make that jump. Being on verizon does make the decision easier -- I am not sure about the coverage of the LTE only band.

That, and I really like my 3XL. There are a couple compromises, but overall I am very happy with my choice.
    Don't go one plus that speaker situation is garbage.
    11-04-2018 06:52 PM
    Love my pixel 3, coming from an iPhone 7+ it's so small...wish i went with XL now but whatever. I can still consider exchanging for $120 more. Curious to hear what others say.

The battery on my 3 is ok, nothing special...worse than my iPhone 7+.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    11-04-2018 06:54 PM
    I was going to try my hand at the P3 but instead went with the XL because of the notch...jk because the battery
    11-06-2018 12:51 AM

Yup, the 6T looks awesome too! I've always been tempted by the OP line - when the 7 and the Pixel 4 are out - as well as the LG V50 - I'll be shaking in my boots! ๐Ÿคฃ
    11-06-2018 07:26 AM
    Yup, the 6T looks awesome too! I've always been tempted by the OP line - when the 7 and the Pixel 4 are out - as well as the LG V50 - I'll be shaking in my boots! ๐Ÿคฃ
    Take your boots off - put your feet on solid ground and remain a Pixel Person - you'll be glad you did.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-06-2018 07:45 AM
    Yup, the 6T looks awesome too! I've always been tempted by the OP line - when the 7 and the Pixel 4 are out - as well as the LG V50 - I'll be shaking in my boots!
    I saw an unboxing today and the fingerprint sensor looked pretty fast, which surprised me for some reason. I still prefer the FPS on the back, so not really a win in my mind. Phone overall looked nice, and they have been good about updates. Certainly seems like a pretty good option.

That said, I a happy with my XL 3 and not ready to jump ship to OP yet. OP would easily be my second choice of phone right now, above Sammy.
    11-06-2018 11:45 AM
    Take your boots off - put your feet on solid ground and remain a Pixel Person - you'll be glad you did.
    LOOL I like how you put a soon on my original post! ๐Ÿ˜Š But you are right: whenever I go stock Android, it's very hard for me to switch to another manufacturer.
    11-06-2018 01:21 PM
    Well my 3XL has arrived and I'm about to box up the 3. I've not had a phone this big since the 6P. Let's see how long I keep it!
    11-06-2018 01:32 PM
    Well my 3XL has arrived and I'm about to box up the 3. I've not had a phone this big since the 6P. Let's see how long I keep it!
    Give yourself time to get used to it - I didn't and ended up sending the P3 back and getting another XL - it is big cuz you can't pack all that coolness into a little phone -
    11-06-2018 02:19 PM
    Give yourself time to get used to it - I didn't and ended up sending the P3 back and getting another XL - it is big cuz you can't pack all that coolness into a little phone -
    I'm just curious Bill, where do you carry your XL? Front pocket, back pocket, man purse, back pack, belt holster? I'm kidding about a couple of those lol so don't take it wrong ;-)

Just curious how people are carrying these tablet sized phones anymore. I'm 6'3" and like to carry my phones in my front left pocket, but I find a 6+ inch phone in a case is hard to sit comfortably with wearing regular jeans, without having to shift it around. I've tried belt holsters in the past, but they always got in the way or knocked off etc.
    11-06-2018 02:51 PM
    I'm just curious Bill, where do you carry your XL? Front pocket, back pocket, man purse, back pack, belt holster? I'm kidding about a couple of those lol so don't take it wrong ;-)

Just curious how people are carrying these tablet sized phones anymore. I'm 6'3" and like to carry my phones in my front left pocket, but I find a 6+ inch phone in a case is hard to sit comfortably with wearing regular jeans, without having to shift it around. I've tried belt holsters in the past, but they always got in the way or knocked off etc.
    I carry it either in jacket or shirt pocket, depending on what I'm wearing. Pretty hard to put an XL in pants pocket I think. Being retired, my movements are probably a lot less than those still movin' and groovin' in the work force.

Being a retired old guy with a Pixel 3 XL is about the greatest thing ever -
    J Dubbs likes this.
    11-06-2018 04:14 PM
    Bought the 3xl returned it to get the 3 but now having second thoughts. I'm actually thinking about returning the 3 to get another 3xl. Just don't know if I want to eat another 35 restocking fee not to mention my wife thinks I'm nuts.
    11-06-2018 04:52 PM

I'm a front pocket carrier and I always come up against the portability problem. My rule has always been if I have to take my phone out of my pocket to do up my shoe laces then it's too big. Given that most phones are settling on the 3XL/OP6T/S9+ size I might have to change my rule soon.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    11-06-2018 05:16 PM
    I gave it four hours! I'm returning it partly due to size, but more for the hefty price tag and hefty notch.
    11-06-2018 05:19 PM
    I gave it four hours! I'm returning it partly due to size, but more for the hefty price tag and hefty notch.
    Ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do to be happy - good luck with whatever you buy.
    11-06-2018 06:23 PM
    I must have missed it ... Didn't realize you weren't back. For me it's never been a question....I like big phones.
    billchat likes this.
    11-06-2018 07:15 PM
    I have a Pixel 3 XL in a Google Fabric case. I have no problem keeping it in my left front jeans pocket. I looked at the Pixel 3 in the store and compared it with the 3 XL. Everyone is different, but for me the 3 is too small. I like big phones and I'm definitely not a one-handed user.
    11-07-2018 02:10 AM
    I have a Pixel 3 XL in a Google Fabric case. I have no problem keeping it in my left front jeans pocket. I looked at the Pixel 3 in the store and compared it with the 3 XL. Everyone is different, but for me the 3 is too small. I like big phones and I'm definitely not a one-handed user.
    Exactly my viewpoint. Question for you though....how do you get it to fit in your skinny jeans pocket?๐Ÿต๐Ÿต
    11-07-2018 05:30 AM
    Exactly my viewpoint. Question for you though....how do you get it to fit in your skinny jeans pocket?๐Ÿต๐Ÿต
    Question 2 for you, how do you get it out of the pocket? -
    11-07-2018 07:29 AM
35 12