My wife's white Pixel 3 finally arrived Friday but it had a pretty major issue: when on a phone call using headphones (any headphones-- included ones, old iphone ones with dongle, etc), the audio clipped out every 5 seconds or so for 1-2 seconds. Anyone else run into this?

I contacted support and a replacement phone will be on the way shortly. I was pretty impressed with the support chat I had actually. But it's a little disconcerting that a phone would make it out the door with that kind of flaw.
    11-05-2018 12:48 PM
    I had to take mine back as the phone wouldn't read the Sim card. Replaced it straight away.
    11-05-2018 12:56 PM
    They don't usually check everything, and a phone being checked late on Friday evening, after a really bad week, can slip through with a flaw. We still don't have robots checking phones,

You're right about Google service, though, I had a really bad problem with a Pixel 2, which appeared in three replacements they sent me, until I was working with the programmers to try to find the source of the problem. Which mysteriously (after a couple of months) cleared up. So they're not working on it any more. But they worked with me, replacement after replacement, debug dump after debug dump. (If I were still running customer support and tech support, which I did for years, I'd hire the people I spoke to.)

(You'll probably never find out, but I;m guessing that there's a 50% chance that the problem is one of the USB connectors [the one on the phone or the one on the adapter] or in the adapter itself.)
    11-05-2018 01:01 PM
    My wife's white Pixel 3 finally arrived Friday but it had a pretty major issue: when on a phone call using headphones (any headphones-- included ones, old iphone ones with dongle, etc), the audio clipped out every 5 seconds or so for 1-2 seconds. Anyone else run into this?

I contacted support and a replacement phone will be on the way shortly. I was pretty impressed with the support chat I had actually. But it's a little disconcerting that a phone would make it out the door with that kind of flaw.
    It happens....I believe last year a phone was sent out without an operating system.
    11-05-2018 01:04 PM
    I believe last year a phone was sent out without an operating system.
    Ouch! Someone left themselves home when they went to work that day.
    11-05-2018 04:49 PM

Does Bluetooth headphones work?
    11-05-2018 05:17 PM