How's the November Update So Far?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I know it may be too soon to tell, but just wondering if anyone has noticed anything positive or negative after the update. I realize it was mostly a security update with fixes that may not have been affecting the masses, but just interested in seeing if anyone notices differences in battery life or if anyone thinks anything is broken as a result if the update. Keep in mind that there may be a placebo effect after an update or a mere coincidence that something is better or worse after the update.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
the only thing I heard for November update fixes the rapid charging indicator on non pixel wireless charger to slow charging

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
the only thing I heard for November update fixes the rapid charging indicator on non pixel wireless charger to slow charging

I saw something about that after the fact but wasn't sure if it was part of the update. That doesn't solve the problem for those that wanted their rapid charges to charge rapidly. There were additional fixes but nothing earth shattering.

Edit: I went back and looked at the thread....you're right that is part of the update but it wasn't on the original list I saw.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I saw something about that after the fact but wasn't sure if it was part of the update. That doesn't solve the problem for those that wanted their rapid charges to charge rapidly. There were additional fixes but nothing earth shattering.

Edit: I went back and looked at the thread....you're right that is part of the update but it wasn't on the original list I saw.

I Kno you not 2nd guessing me 😂😂

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I noticed when my phone is connected through bluetooth in my car, or my garmin vivoactive 3 watch, music and podcast info is showing again on my car info screen or my watch. It wasn't showing before the update, so maybe they fixed it with this? Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I noticed when my phone is connected through bluetooth in my car, or my garmin vivoactive 3 watch, music and podcast info is showing again on my car info screen or my watch. It wasn't showing before the update, so maybe they fixed it with this? Anyone else seeing the same thing?

I always had music info screen and watch

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Ive noticed minor tweaks such as less crashes and bluetooth not cutting out as often from my car...so in the right direction

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth is one of those things that seems like it will always be flakey.

The degree of Bluetooth flakiness will, of course, be dependent on the quality of hardware on both ends and is subject to interference and distance between the two hardware pieces.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The degree of Bluetooth flakiness will, of course, be dependent on the quality of hardware on both ends and is subject to interference and distance between the two hardware pieces.

Exactly.... especially if there are many Bluetooth devices nearby....like on a commuter train.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Exactly.... especially if there are many Bluetooth devices nearby....like on a commuter train.

yeah, there's always something going on w/ Bluetooth. It's very convenient when it works. sometimes it can be very frustrating especially when you are driving and it just decide to disconnect for no reason.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
yeah, there's always something going on w/ Bluetooth. It's very convenient when it works. sometimes it can be very frustrating especially when you are driving and it just decide to disconnect for no reason.

Especially tough are the totally wireless earbuds where one channel drifts in and out. I think we need to remember that the purpose of Bluetooth has evolved over time and maybe it's just not well suited to do what expected of it.