11-17-2018 11:07 PM
44 12
tools
    Setup two finger prints per finger and so far no fails
    Your welcome ๐Ÿ˜‰
    chezm likes this.
    11-08-2018 10:10 PM
    I did a little playing around with the fingerprint sensor in regards to swiping up and down for the notification shade. What I've found is there seems to be a difference between the Pixel 2 & 3. On the P2, you just swiped across the sensor and it worked fine. On the P3, it seems to work better if you are more deliberate about it.

For example, if you want to swipe down to bring the notification shade into view, put your finger on the top of the sensor for just a bit, then swipe. To dismiss the shade, do the same from the bottom of the sensor. Basically it seems you have to do it a little more slowly and deliberately. So far, it's seems to yield more consistent operation doing that.

I'm wondering if Google didn't lower the sensitivity of the sensor a bit, as I remember reading that some people in the past were complaining previous Pixels sensor's activated too fast (not sure why that is an issue, but whatever).
    rexxsor, mwboost and Coop61 like this.
    11-09-2018 01:13 AM
    I can recommend also getting same finger register couple times could help
    Thanks for this suggestion. Registered each finger twice a few days ago and getting more accurate unlocking ๐Ÿ˜
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-15-2018 02:30 AM
    I did a little playing around with the fingerprint sensor in regards to swiping up and down for the notification shade. What I've found is there seems to be a difference between the Pixel 2 & 3. On the P2, you just swiped across the sensor and it worked fine. On the P3, it seems to work better if you are more deliberate about it.

For example, if you want to swipe down to bring the notification shade into view, put your finger on the top of the sensor for just a bit, then swipe. To dismiss the shade, do the same from the bottom of the sensor. Basically it seems you have to do it a little more slowly and deliberately. So far, it's seems to yield more consistent operation doing that.

I'm wondering if Google didn't lower the sensitivity of the sensor a bit, as I remember reading that some people in the past were complaining previous Pixels sensor's activated too fast (not sure why that is an issue, but whatever).
    From my experience, even the slow and deliberate swipe down for notifications is normally hard to trigger. Or when it does work with the swipe down, then the swipe up won't. Still hoping this is due to Google software trying to reduce unintentional triggers.
    11-15-2018 02:36 AM
    I think software optimization have a part in this, am using Xiaomi Mi A1 and the miui version of MiA1 (5x) have better response in sensing
    11-15-2018 04:53 AM
    I think software optimization have a part in this, am using Xiaomi Mi A1 and the miui version of MiA1 (5x) have better response in sensing
    I'm beginning to think there must be a level of inconsistency in sensors because I find mine pretty accurate and responsive.
    11-15-2018 06:22 AM
    When you set up a fingerprint on the sensor.
    Touch it and PRESS.
    11-15-2018 06:29 AM
    When you set up a fingerprint on the sensor.
    Touch it and PRESS.
    Why do you need to press?
    11-15-2018 06:37 AM
    I too have some issues with it.
    Gonna try to add two fingers as suggested
    11-15-2018 08:51 AM
    So it isn't just me experiencing issues with fingerprint sensor swipe down for notifications. Thanks for the confirmation. Hope this can be fixed by future software tweaks.

On a different note, I do hope they add the ability to swipe down anywhere on screen to read notifications. Really miss this option, and wouldn't have to rely on the fingerprint swipe down as much.
    I wonder why they don't fully utilize the fingerprint reader? Swipe down, swipe left, swipe right??? It makes perfect sense to me. Move to a new page, move to the next email, move back in messages...
    11-15-2018 09:51 AM
    Why do you need to press?
    It makes the prints register better.
    I didn't make the phones.

Had to get my wife to do it on her Samsung phones.
    She always has something on her fingers.
    Also get her to turn her fingers at a couple of angles and register the tip of her finger.

Try it.
    11-15-2018 09:56 AM
    It makes the prints register better.
    I didn't make the phones.

Had to get my wife to do it on her Samsung phones.
    She always has something on her fingers.
    Also get her to turn her fingers at a couple of angles and register the tip of her finger.

Try it.
    You don't need to press. The fingerprint registers before you actually apply much pressure but if it makes you more confident , by all means do it your way.
    11-15-2018 10:14 AM
    So why is so many people having problems registering their prints.
    And having to register double prints ?

I know what works.
    And I will continue to touch and press .
    Problem solved.
    11-15-2018 10:18 AM
    So why is so many people having problems registering their prints.
    And having to register double prints ?

I know what works.
    And I will continue to touch and press .
    Problem solved.
    You do what works for you
    Attached Thumbnails Fingerprint Sensor-5330.jpg ย 
    11-15-2018 10:24 AM
    Was hoping I could help some more people.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-15-2018 10:31 AM
    Was hoping I could help some more people.
    Hopefully you do
    11-15-2018 10:34 AM
    The same fingerprint sensor is more responsive and fast in custom roms
    11-16-2018 06:32 AM
    From my experience, even the slow and deliberate swipe down for notifications is normally hard to trigger. Or when it does work with the swipe down, then the swipe up won't. Still hoping this is due to Google software trying to reduce unintentional triggers.
    I had issues with the swipe up on my Pixel 2 as well, but on the 3 it seems less sensitive. Don't know why, either they lowered it in software, or perhaps they're using a different sensor module or manufacturer.
    11-17-2018 10:50 PM
    Noticed the fingerprint sensor is not as fast as expected. Getting a lot of unrecognized scans.

Additionally, seems the swipe down for notifications gesture is difficult to trigger. Is it a software issue? Anyone else experiencing the same?
    I'm right handed and I always hold my phone in my left hand and keep it in my left front pocket. So I originally registered my FP with left index finger. It wasn't working as well as my Pixel 2 XL did, so I added a second finger, but used the same left index finger again for the additional finger. Now my FP sensor is working as it should and seldom ever misses with the first tap.
    11-17-2018 11:07 PM
44 12