11-22-2018 10:43 AM
60 123
tools
    That was my shortest call to Google so far and that was good. I was assured by two different Representatives that I was still eligible for the $50 promotional credit. I said there are other people that have said they were not eligible due to RMA issues. He said rest assured if your order is still here in the system and not cancelled then you will be fine. I said do you see that I had a replacement? He said yes. He said please don't hold me to this but I see that your credit should be applied the last week of November.
    Great update if you get it resolved, I'll give it a shot as well if I hear a success story
    11-18-2018 07:36 PM
    Honestly, I don't trust their word. Probably they have no idea and just wanted to push the issue. Everyone who doesn't have a RMA received their credit so kind of hard to believe them. Anyway let's see what happens in another couple of weeks, we will know eventually.
    That was my shortest call to Google so far and that was good. I was assured by two different Representatives that I was still eligible for the $50 promotional credit. I said there are other people that have said they were not eligible due to RMA issues. He said rest assured if your order is still here in the system and not cancelled then you will be fine. I said do you see that I had a replacement? He said yes. He said please don't hold me to this but I see that your credit should be applied the last week of November.
    11-18-2018 07:39 PM
    Agreed. He said 4-6 weeks, I have two documented calls now.. they're just gonna frustrate me. I'll wear them down. I have the patience.

I already had them give me a $50 Google store credit for a screen protector I purchased from a third party company. I demanded it since their defective pixel warranted a new screen protector on my behalf. Not on my dime. Two previous reps from Google tried to confuse that $50.
    Honestly, I don't trust their word. Probably they have no idea and just wanted to push the issue. Everyone who doesn't have a RMA received their credit so kind of hard to believe them. Anyway let's see what happens in another couple of weeks, we will know eventually.
    11-18-2018 07:58 PM
    Well, what a pile of dung. Turns out that if you pre-ordered the Pixel 3 through Project Fi you don't get the store credit. Even though the order was processed through the Google store, they say it doesn't qualify. The promotional email does not say Project Fi is excluded.

I realize it's only $50, but this is the first time I've been disappointed with Google customer service.
    11-19-2018 07:59 AM
    I got my email for the credit, I had no idea I was getting a credit. Wish I didnt get the stand originally then so I could put it towards it. Didnt know what I wanted to I put a case in my cart and ordered it. Then at dinner last night, my mom says she wants a Google home thingy. When I got home I cancelled my order but I hope I dont need to call Google to get the money refunded back to the gift card to order the other thing.
    11-19-2018 08:26 AM
    I got an email about my credit on 11/16. Now I have to decide what to get!
    11-19-2018 10:33 AM
    Is the $50 credit valid only took Dec 31,2018. Also, can this be users for Google Express?

Thanks,
    Ash
    11-22-2018 07:29 AM
    Is the $50 credit valid only took Dec 31,2018. Also, can this be users for Google Express?

Thanks,
    Ash
    Yes to the first question. No to the second question.
    11-22-2018 07:39 AM
    Thanks for the quick response! That is very disappointing from Google to put these restrictions.
    Yes to the first question. No to the second question.
    11-22-2018 07:41 AM
    Thanks for the quick response! That is very disappointing from Google to put these restrictions.
    Google Express items are sold by different vendors so that is why you can't use a Google Store credit. Sounds reasonable to me.
    11-22-2018 10:43 AM
60 123