11-14-2018 12:59 PM
69 123
tools
    I have no regrets getting this phone just don't like no night shot out the box these things have to be on the phone straight out of the gate not cool adding them later .
    11-11-2018 09:16 PM
    I have no regrets getting this phone just don't like no night shot out the box these things have to be on the phone straight out of the gate not cool adding them later .
    In Australia we didn't get the screen call feature, one of the features I was most interested in. Would have been nice if Google advertised the country/ies that it would be available for at launch.
    mustang7757 and J Dubbs like this.
    11-11-2018 09:35 PM
    You're the kind of kid that used sneak under the tree and surgically sneak unwrap his presents because he couldn't wait till Xmas day
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-11-2018 09:35 PM
    In Australia we didn't get the screen call feature, one of the features I was most interested in. Would have been nice if Google advertised the country/ies that it would be available for at launch.
    True
    11-11-2018 09:41 PM
    You're the kind of kid that used sneak under the tree and surgically sneak unwrap his presents because he couldn't wait till Xmas day
    LMFAO 😂😂😂😂
    11-11-2018 09:42 PM
    Why I get the feeling you do that now Mike 😁😂
    11-11-2018 10:13 PM
    No. What issues?
    Coop61 likes this.
    11-11-2018 10:20 PM
    Ya I think in Canada we didn't get it either as it's not coming up when someone calls... disappointed
    11-11-2018 11:17 PM
    I don't have any regret...I was referring to someone else.
    Me neither.
    11-11-2018 11:23 PM
    This is me. I always got caught though.
    11-12-2018 12:56 AM
    Ya I think in Canada we didn't get it either as it's not coming up when someone calls... disappointed
    I think only the US has it for now.

When will the rest of the world get it? Who knows.
    Why didn't Google advise that the screen call feature won't be available in all countries at launch? Who knows.

I don't even know why it's not included. The scribing is supposedly done offline, so I don't know why it couldn't just be included in international units.
    chezm likes this.
    11-12-2018 02:25 AM
    I don't know how it's in Australia but here in the USA we get lots of spam calls maybe that's why we have , but I agree regardless should be on every phone .
    11-12-2018 10:59 AM
    I regret giving up my Motorola StarTac. How cool was I.
    11-12-2018 12:11 PM
    I don't know how it's in Australia but here in the USA we get lots of spam calls maybe that's why we have , but I agree regardless should be on every phone .
    We get spam calls too. But even if Australia didn't, that doesn't mean the feature shouldn't be included on the phone. Google should have been transparent that the feature would only be available in X, Y & Z countries at launch.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    11-12-2018 04:10 PM
    We get spam calls too. But even if Australia didn't, that doesn't mean the feature shouldn't be included on the phone. Google should have been transparent that the feature would only be available in X, Y & Z countries at launch.
    Are we sure it's because of a Google limitation? Maybe there is another restriction why it wasn't incorporated that we are not aware of.
    11-12-2018 04:57 PM
    In Canada we get tons of spam calling.
    11-12-2018 05:04 PM
    I regret giving up my Motorola StarTac. How cool was I.
    I LOVED my StarTac!! When you saw other people with one, it was like you were in a secret club!
    bkrickles likes this.
    11-12-2018 05:29 PM
    Are we sure it's because of a Google limitation? Maybe there is another restriction why it wasn't incorporated that we are not aware of.
    That's fine, but be transparent about it.

"Call screening won't be available at release at X, Y and Z countries due to (reason)." Or "This is a US only feature and we're working towards releasing it in more countries in the future". Something so they we'd know. Only way I found out is I purchases the 3XL, I got a call, couldn't screen it then had to look it up and found there was some random Twitter response from Google where they replied to a tweet asking if it'd be available in the UK and they said no it wouldn't be.

From the Pixel 3 presentation, unless I'm gravely mistaken, there was nothing to indicate it wasn't going to be available as a feature on the phone in certain countries.

Just really poor communication. They mentioned that night sight wouldn't be available at launch, they could have said call screening wouldn't be available in all countries at launch.
    11-12-2018 05:32 PM
    That's fine, but be transparent about it.

"Call screening won't be available at release at X, Y and Z countries due to (reason)." Or "This is a US only feature and we're working towards releasing it in more countries in the future". Something so they we'd know. Only way I found out is I purchases the 3XL, I got a call, couldn't screen it then had to look it up and found there was some random Twitter response from Google where they replied to a tweet asking if it'd be available in the UK and they said no it wouldn't be.

From the Pixel 3 presentation, unless I'm gravely mistaken, there was nothing to indicate it wasn't going to be available as a feature on the phone in certain countries.

Just really poor communication. They mentioned that night sight wouldn't be available at launch, they could have said call screening wouldn't be available in all countries at launch.
    Yeah....I don't disagree but it is a mystery as to why they would omit it.
    11-12-2018 05:43 PM
    @I Can Be Your Hero @chezm
    looks like span is everywhere lol thought it was mainly in the US.
    11-12-2018 07:08 PM
    What issues. I haven't had any issues with my 3xl.
    11-12-2018 07:19 PM
    I regret selling my iPhone X, which was my work phone, and getting one. The thing is too big and just kind of meh to me. I’m getting the Pixel 3 due to the size. My iPhone XS is my main phone and will stay that way. I was hoping the 3XL would wow me enough to make that my main one, but the iPhones this year blow the Pixels away. I’ll still keep the 3 just to have a hand in Android, though.
    11-12-2018 07:32 PM
    I regret selling my iPhone X, which was my work phone, and getting one. The thing is too big and just kind of meh to me. I’m getting the Pixel 3 due to the size. My iPhone XS is my main phone and will stay that way. I was hoping the 3XL would wow me enough to make that my main one, but the iPhones this year blow the Pixels away. I’ll still keep the 3 just to have a hand in Android, though.
    I don't think anything blows anything away. That's your personal preference.
    anon(10092459) and J Dubbs like this.
    11-12-2018 08:15 PM
    Did you see a wow difference between the x and xs ?
    anon(10092459) likes this.
    11-12-2018 09:30 PM
    I haven't used an XL but love my Regular 3...I figured it might be too big for what I wanted in form factor plus I'm not notch fan.
    anon(10092459) likes this.
    11-12-2018 09:34 PM
69 123