11-14-2018 12:59 PM
69 123
tools
    That's fine, but be transparent about it.

"Call screening won't be available at release at X, Y and Z countries due to (reason)." Or "This is a US only feature and we're working towards releasing it in more countries in the future". Something so they we'd know. Only way I found out is I purchases the 3XL, I got a call, couldn't screen it then had to look it up and found there was some random Twitter response from Google where they replied to a tweet asking if it'd be available in the UK and they said no it wouldn't be.

From the Pixel 3 presentation, unless I'm gravely mistaken, there was nothing to indicate it wasn't going to be available as a feature on the phone in certain countries.

Just really poor communication. They mentioned that night sight wouldn't be available at launch, they could have said call screening wouldn't be available in all countries at launch.
    Now why would they go and say that? That might hurt sales in those countries that weren't getting call screening lol. It ain't right, but that's how all businesses work.... even our beloved Google ;-)
    11-13-2018 01:11 AM
    I regret selling my iPhone X, which was my work phone, and getting one. The thing is too big and just kind of meh to me. I’m getting the Pixel 3 due to the size. My iPhone XS is my main phone and will stay that way. I was hoping the 3XL would wow me enough to make that my main one, but the iPhones this year blow the Pixels away. I’ll still keep the 3 just to have a hand in Android, though.
    The iPhone prices are what blow me away this year :O
    11-13-2018 01:15 AM
    Lol
    11-13-2018 04:04 AM
    Actually now that you mention it, I think the Pixel 2 was just as good. Oh well I will enjoy the better camera I guess.
    11-13-2018 08:23 AM
    I don't think anything blows anything away. That's your personal preference.
    And that's your opinion, Mike. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.
    11-13-2018 10:53 AM
    Ditto for Pixel.
    Vega007 likes this.
    11-13-2018 10:54 AM
    And that's your opinion, Mike. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.
    I simply presented my response to your opinion. It wasn't an attack on your opinion. My apologies that it was percieved that way.
    If there's something that you would like to share as to why it's blows the Pixel away feel free to share and most of us will be happy to listen or discuss it.
    11-13-2018 11:38 AM
    Yes that's why I came over, from my carrier XS was $430 and pixel 3 $100. Not that the iPhone isn't amazing, but I wasn't personally a fan of the newer X design and couldn't justify spending that much more from my 7+
    11-13-2018 12:01 PM
    Yes that's why I came over, from my carrier XS was $430 and pixel 3 $100. Not that the iPhone isn't amazing, but I wasn't personally a fan of the newer X design and couldn't justify spending that much more from my 7+
    I like the X design
    11-13-2018 12:25 PM
    Yeah they are the worst .
    Vega007 likes this.
    11-13-2018 12:29 PM
    Fair enough, I can see why people do...I just didn't like it enough to spend what they're asking. I'm more looking forward to likely going back to iOS in 2 years.
    I like the X design
    11-13-2018 02:42 PM
    Fair enough, I can see why people do...I just didn't like it enough to spend what they're asking. I'm more looking forward to likely going back to iOS in 2 years.
    I'm going get another X ...I gave mine to my wife because we gave her brother her 8 plus.
    11-13-2018 04:08 PM
    I'm going get another X ...I gave mine to my wife because we gave her brother her 8 plus.
    A regular X?
    11-13-2018 04:14 PM
    A regular X?
    Yes same as I had before I gave my wife mine
    11-13-2018 04:50 PM
    Hate to hear people are having problems with their Pixel 3 XL.

Not had a problem with my Pixel 3 XL whatsover.
    11-14-2018 12:00 PM
    Hate to hear people are having problems with their Pixel 3 XL.

Not had a problem with my Pixel 3 XL whatsover.
    Well you have to use it....lol
    11-14-2018 12:33 PM
    I've regretted buying it just now, after 14 days waiting for an RMA from them to return mine. I still have my Pixel 2 XL, I decided to get the Pixel 3 XL same day it was released and while I enjoyed it, I really thought that my Pixel 2 XL was close enough and with same software than the 3, so once OnePlus released the 6T I got one and immediately asked to return the 3 XL.

Believe it or not, 14 days later and I'm still waiting for an RMA label, dozens of calls and hours later plus a couple of Chats conversation and I'm still at the same point I was the first day, it has been the single worst Customer Service Experience of my life, extremely frustrating. A company like Google can't figure it out how to create a Shipping Label for an already authorized RMA, simply because my Address is from Puerto Rico, so I can and I have placed 5 or 6 different orders now, including the 3 Pixels, and all of them have arrived next day to my address, but now that I need to return an item, then my address is somehow, not a valid address for them.

I've asked every time for somebody to look for my file, look for the Approved RMA number and just manually copy what I think should be a PDF and manually send that to me, the only thing I've received is the same answer every time, it will be escalated and I'll get a solution in 24-48 hours, and obviously, nobody ever contact me again. Just finished a call with Synchrony Bank, because I used Google Finance for it, and I created a Dispute Charge for that charge, let's see if that somehow helps, if not, at least I know that I won't be charged again for it until this is solved.
    11-14-2018 12:45 PM
    I've regretted buying it just now, after 14 days waiting for an RMA from them to return mine. I still have my Pixel 2 XL, I decided to get the Pixel 3 XL same day it was released and while I enjoyed it, I really thought that my Pixel 2 XL was close enough and with same software than the 3, so once OnePlus released the 6T I got one and immediately asked to return the 3 XL.

Believe it or not, 14 days later and I'm still waiting for an RMA label, dozens of calls and hours later plus a couple of Chats conversation and I'm still at the same point I was the first day, it has been the single worst Customer Service Experience of my life, extremely frustrating. A company like Google can't figure it out how to create a Shipping Label for an already authorized RMA, simply because my Address is from Puerto Rico, so I can and I have placed 5 or 6 different orders now, including the 3 Pixels, and all of them have arrived next day to my address, but now that I need to return an item, then my address is somehow, not a valid address for them.

I've asked every time for somebody to look for my file, look for the Approved RMA number and just manually copy what I think should be a PDF and manually send that to me, the only thing I've received is the same answer every time, it will be escalated and I'll get a solution in 24-48 hours, and obviously, nobody ever contact me again. Just finished a call with Synchrony Bank, because I used Google Finance for it, and I created a Dispute Charge for that charge, let's see if that somehow helps, if not, at least I know that I won't be charged again for it until this is solved.
    Wow....sorry for your negative experience. Hopefully, they will resolve it soon.
    11-14-2018 12:49 PM
    Well you have to use it....lol
    It's laying around here somewhere.
    11-14-2018 12:59 PM
69 123