Anyone regret upgrading from their pixel 2 xl to the 3 xl with all the current issues at hand?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Are we sure it's because of a Google limitation? Maybe there is another restriction why it wasn't incorporated that we are not aware of.
That's fine, but be transparent about it.

"Call screening won't be available at release at X, Y and Z countries due to (reason)." Or "This is a US only feature and we're working towards releasing it in more countries in the future". Something so they we'd know. Only way I found out is I purchases the 3XL, I got a call, couldn't screen it then had to look it up and found there was some random Twitter response from Google where they replied to a tweet asking if it'd be available in the UK and they said no it wouldn't be.

From the Pixel 3 presentation, unless I'm gravely mistaken, there was nothing to indicate it wasn't going to be available as a feature on the phone in certain countries.

Just really poor communication. They mentioned that night sight wouldn't be available at launch, they could have said call screening wouldn't be available in all countries at launch.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

"Call screening won't be available at release at X, Y and Z countries due to (reason)." Or "This is a US only feature and we're working towards releasing it in more countries in the future". Something so they we'd know. Only way I found out is I purchases the 3XL, I got a call, couldn't screen it then had to look it up and found there was some random Twitter response from Google where they replied to a tweet asking if it'd be available in the UK and they said no it wouldn't be.

From the Pixel 3 presentation, unless I'm gravely mistaken, there was nothing to indicate it wasn't going to be available as a feature on the phone in certain countries.

Just really poor communication. They mentioned that night sight wouldn't be available at launch, they could have said call screening wouldn't be available in all countries at launch.

Yeah....I don't disagree but it is a mystery as to why they would omit it.

technutcounselor

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
I regret selling my iPhone X, which was my work phone, and getting one. The thing is too big and just kind of meh to me. I’m getting the Pixel 3 due to the size. My iPhone XS is my main phone and will stay that way. I was hoping the 3XL would wow me enough to make that my main one, but the iPhones this year blow the Pixels away. I’ll still keep the 3 just to have a hand in Android, though.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I regret selling my iPhone X, which was my work phone, and getting one. The thing is too big and just kind of meh to me. I’m getting the Pixel 3 due to the size. My iPhone XS is my main phone and will stay that way. I was hoping the 3XL would wow me enough to make that my main one, but the iPhones this year blow the Pixels away. I’ll still keep the 3 just to have a hand in Android, though.

I don't think anything blows anything away. That's your personal preference.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Did you see a wow difference between the x and xs ?

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I haven't used an XL but love my Regular 3...I figured it might be too big for what I wanted in form factor plus I'm not notch fan.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Now why would they go and say that? That might hurt sales in those countries that weren't getting call screening lol. It ain't right, but that's how all businesses work.... even our beloved Google ;-)

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

The iPhone prices are what blow me away this year :O

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
And that's your opinion, Mike. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

I simply presented my response to your opinion. It wasn't an attack on your opinion. My apologies that it was percieved that way.
If there's something that you would like to share as to why it's blows the Pixel away feel free to share and most of us will be happy to listen or discuss it.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Yes that's why I came over, from my carrier XS was $430 and pixel 3 $100. Not that the iPhone isn't amazing, but I wasn't personally a fan of the newer X design and couldn't justify spending that much more from my 7+
The iPhone prices are what blow me away this year :O

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes that's why I came over, from my carrier XS was $430 and pixel 3 $100. Not that the iPhone isn't amazing, but I wasn't personally a fan of the newer X design and couldn't justify spending that much more from my 7+

I like the X design

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci