Screenshot edit behavior

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I just noticed screenshots no longer pop up automatically for editing and sharing. You can go into the notification shade for editing, but I kind of got used to the pop up. Anyone else notice this?

Last edited:

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Screenshot behaviour

I just noticed screenshots no longer pop up automatically for editing and sharing. You can go into the notification shade for editing, but I kind of got used to the pop up. Anyone else notice this?

Mine's still doing it. I disabled it awhile back but it started up again, I believe after the November patch. I think that's also when my always listening (for GA) started up again. I don't edit screenshots on the go, usually reserving that for later when I have more time. And I keep GA off to save battery and to keep it from answering withy Google Home. If I want GA to activate on my phone, I either long press the pill button or do the squeeze.

Not sure where you go to re-enable screenshots, perhaps in the Photos app?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Mine's still doing it. I disabled it awhile back but it started up again, I believe after the November patch. I think that's also when my always listening (for GA) started up again. I don't edit screenshots on the go, usually reserving that for later when I have more time. And I keep GA off to save battery and to keep it from answering withy Google Home. If I want GA to activate on my phone, I either long press the pill button or do the squeeze.

Not sure where you go to re-enable screenshots, perhaps in the Photos app?

Maybe in here
Not having the issue

Attachments

• 2911.jpg
    2911.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 31

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I thought my problem was solved but it happens after using the device for awhile. Sometimes I don't get a pop up to edit screenshot. It shows up in notifications instead. A reboot fixes it buf it doesn't last forever. Anyone else have this issue?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yes...I think I tried that last year based on your prior recommendation. Actually the pop up starts out with more features.
Do you have the Pro version?

Still wish I knew why the built in app is misbehaving.

Do you have the Pro version?

Yes.