What Color Profile are you using?

DarkNeo

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I've been running "Natural" since I got my phone, but wondering what you guys and gals are running.

Is "Adaptive" really adaptive? Does it change by environment? Or is it just another name for saturated?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: Why Color Profile are you using?

I've been running "Natural" since I got my phone, but wondering what you guys and gals are running.

Is "Adaptive" really adaptive? Does it change by environment? Or is it just another name for saturated?

Good question, I have it at adaptive

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Adaptive.

It's supposed to adapt based on content. I assume it does though it might be hard to notice

Last edited:

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

I have mine set to Natural . But to be honest I can't notice a difference when I switch between the 3 settings .

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site

Natural is the correct setting for anyone who needs or even prefers accurate colors. Natural is accurate on sRGB and DCI-P3 D65 gamuts and is amazingly accurate on both (per DisplayMate).

Adaptive is not accurate, although the name initially made me think that it was the mode that would take advantage of Android's native color management. Unfortunately this is not the case and the Adaptive is WAY off, it doesn't correspond to any known gamuts - it's just wrong.

Boosted is obviously not accurate, but oddly enough it's more accurate than adaptive.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Natural is the correct setting for anyone who needs or even prefers accurate colors. Natural is accurate on sRGB and DCI-P3 D65 gamuts and is amazingly accurate on both (per DisplayMate).

Adaptive is not accurate, although the name initially made me think that it was the mode that would take advantage of Android's native color management. Unfortunately this is not the case and the Adaptive is WAY off, it doesn't correspond to any known gamuts - it's just wrong.

Boosted is obviously not accurate, but oddly enough it's more accurate than adaptive.

Would these settings affect how your pictures come out or how they look in the gallery?

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site

Would these settings affect how your pictures come out or how they look in the gallery?

They will impact how the picture looks on the display yes, but not how they will look on other people's displays unless you edit based on what is on your display.

Martin_F

Oct 16, 2018
Visit site

Got mine on natural as well. The only way editing photos on the phone would make sense.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I have to admit I like the natural color on the pixel 3xl then 2xl before looked washed out now they look great

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy