11-23-2018 09:40 PM
54 123
tools
    I'm really surprised Google didn't add this especially it has dual camera on front screen. Is it possible with software tweak they can give like maybe face unlock?
    11-11-2018 07:31 PM
    The face lock that was/is available in Android is not safe and secure. Hence I think when Google is boasting about Titan chip and how secure Pixel is, it would be a bad decision to include the face unlock without using IR and other tech like Huawei and Apple are doing.

We will probably see it in Pixel 4 but it's a bummer they didn't with the 3.
    11-11-2018 09:52 PM
    The face lock that was/is available in Android is not safe and secure. Hence I think when Google is boasting about Titan chip and how secure Pixel is, it would be a bad decision to include the face unlock without using IR and other tech like Huawei and Apple are doing.

Yeah guess your right
    11-11-2018 10:01 PM
    I'm really surprised Google didn't add this especially it has dual camera on front screen. Is it possible with software tweak they can give like maybe face unlock?
    I know right? I though Google would have put some sort of face recognition.
    11-12-2018 02:01 AM
    I agree with the original post, would still be nice to have it as an option
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-12-2018 09:49 AM
    Safe or unsafe, I don't see the point. If I were to pick up the Pixel so it could look at my face I would have already touched the fingerprint scanner. My fingerprint doesn't change.
    11-12-2018 10:12 AM
    I know right? I though Google would have put some sort of face recognition.
    I don't understand why they didn't.
    11-12-2018 11:01 AM
    Safe or unsafe, I don't see the point. If I were to pick up the Pixel so it could look at my face I would have already touched the fingerprint scanner. My fingerprint doesn't change.
    It nice to have the option especially with 2 camera on the front
    11-12-2018 11:02 AM
    I don't understand why they didn't.
    I think Google needs to do more if they want to keep up with the competition.
    mustang7757 and J Dubbs like this.
    11-12-2018 11:11 AM
    I think Google needs to do more if they want to keep up with the competition.
    That I agree they need to do that step up their game
    EMGSM and J Dubbs like this.
    11-12-2018 11:20 AM

I agree with this.
    digitalbreak likes this.
    11-12-2018 11:39 AM
    I came over from iPhone as I wasn't a fan of what faceid looked like, I'm sure it'll come down the line but doesn't matter to me I prefer not to use it
    11-12-2018 11:49 AM
    It's not a deal breaker for sure but definitely useful in many scenarios like when your fingers are sweaty, watery, greasy, wearing gloves and scenarios like that. It's just another means to unlock and works pretty great on phones I have used (secure and unsecure versions).
    And if they use technology like one used in iPhone and Huawei it does work in all conditions/lighting as opposed to OnePlus which just uses RGB sensor in the camera and works only in good lighting conditions.

mustang7757 likes this.
    11-12-2018 11:49 AM
    It's not a deal breaker for sure but definitely useful in many scenarios like when your fingers are sweaty, watery, greasy, wearing gloves and scenarios like that. It's just another means to unlock and works pretty great on phones I have used (secure and unsecure versions).
    And if they use technology like one used in iPhone and Huawei it does work in all conditions/lighting as opposed to OnePlus which just uses RGB sensor in the camera and works only in good lighting conditions.
    Exactly..I wear gloves and hands could be dirty at times..I like how u can set it up on iPhone to unlock bank apps
    11-12-2018 11:53 AM
    It's not a deal breaker for sure but definitely useful in many scenarios like when your fingers are sweaty, watery, greasy, wearing gloves and scenarios like that.
    I agree. Comes in handy but surely not a deal breaker and not my reason for purchase.
    11-12-2018 12:11 PM
    I agree with all the posts that Google should have included this. The Pixel line is Google's flagship showcasing the future of Android and Face Unlock should be part of it
    mustang7757 and J Dubbs like this.
    11-12-2018 12:56 PM
    Exactly..I wear gloves and hands could be dirty at times..I like how u can set it up on iPhone to unlock bank apps
    We had face unlock before on the 2XL. It worked OK
    11-12-2018 01:04 PM
    I agree with all the posts that Google should have included this. The Pixel line is Google's flagship showcasing the future of Android and Face Unlock should be part of it
    It standard on lot of phones, they decided to go with the notch I'm all for it but make use of it .
    J Dubbs likes this.
    11-12-2018 01:07 PM
    True but face unlock versus face ID is different on how it's implemented. Especially security wise.
    11-12-2018 01:09 PM
    I think it was option in the 2xl but I don't know with pie if they got rid of it ..I have to check later when I get home
    11-12-2018 01:10 PM
    True but face unlock versus face ID is different on how it's implemented. Especially security wise.
    Either way I'd be fine just unlock without touching but prefer the iPhone face id
    11-12-2018 01:11 PM
    Either way I'd be fine just unlock without touching but prefer the iPhone face id
    Ah I personally wouldn't like it just due to the security aspect. I assume Google agrees and that's why they didn't do it.
    11-12-2018 01:12 PM
    Ah I personally wouldn't like it just due to the security aspect. I assume Google agrees and that's why they didn't do it.
    Correct for security like Bank app but I need just to unlock , but they should of went like iPhone 3d face unlock or even Iris like Samsung
    11-12-2018 01:13 PM
    Correct for security like Bank app but I need just to unlock , but they should of went like iPhone 3d face unlock or even Iris like Samsung
    I think that's why though.. they want the phone to have secure options and since that isn't secure (even for unlocking) is why they didn't include it.
    11-12-2018 01:15 PM
    I think that's why though.. they want the phone to have secure options and since that isn't secure (even for unlocking) is why they didn't include it.
    Do you think they don't have the technology to implement it with being secure like the other 2 manufacturer do it? Just curious maybe they haven't dive into that area yet.
    11-12-2018 01:17 PM
54 123