Tap Screen to Wake - Not Always

Boogr

Oct 25, 2018
Visit site
I'm not sure what the "official" method is to wake up the phone when it's been sitting for a while. I know by pushing the power button and swiping the fingerprint sensor.

But I also thought a double tap on the screen was another way to do it. But that only seems to work 50% of the time +/-. The front screen is clean and unobstructed when it happens.

Another note - if I pick it up, shake it a little, then double tap the screen, it wakes up.

So I guess I'm asking if I'm doing it right (to wake without picking up the phone), or missing a setting to make it more reliable, etc.

Thanks.

yungskeeme88

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Double tap doesnt work for me at times as well. One instance I know it doesn't is when low power mode is on(which is understandable). I'll keep playing with it and try to figure out when it does it at other times.

ccps

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I have AOD enabled on this phone but on my P2 i did not. I noticed my double tap would not work if my phone was "laying upside down" as soon as spun it right right side up it would work.

Boogr

Oct 25, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the replies - glad to know it's not just me. Appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I can also confirm this is my experience, only when it's not straight facing me does tap not work...however if it's facing my direction, every time
I have AOD enabled on this phone but on my P2 i did not. I noticed my double tap would not work if my phone was "laying upside down" as soon as spun it right right side up it would work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae