I'm not sure what the "official" method is to wake up the phone when it's been sitting for a while. I know by pushing the power button and swiping the fingerprint sensor.

But I also thought a double tap on the screen was another way to do it. But that only seems to work 50% of the time +/-. The front screen is clean and unobstructed when it happens.

Another note - if I pick it up, shake it a little, then double tap the screen, it wakes up.

So I guess I'm asking if I'm doing it right (to wake without picking up the phone), or missing a setting to make it more reliable, etc.

Thanks.
    11-11-2018 09:14 PM
    I have disabled the always on display and use double tap to wake and raise to wake. Both work without any issues for me.
    11-11-2018 09:16 PM
    Double tap doesnt work for me at times as well. One instance I know it doesn't is when low power mode is on(which is understandable). I'll keep playing with it and try to figure out when it does it at other times.
    11-12-2018 06:34 AM
    I have AOD enabled on this phone but on my P2 i did not. I noticed my double tap would not work if my phone was "laying upside down" as soon as spun it right right side up it would work.
    11-12-2018 09:00 AM
    It's on and off for me, I have AoD off but tap to wake on
    11-12-2018 10:52 AM
    Thanks for the replies - glad to know it's not just me. Appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
    11-12-2018 04:33 PM
    I also have experience this problem, this is kinda big deal for me.
    Realy anoying and hope its a software issue
    11-15-2018 09:14 AM
    I can also confirm this is my experience, only when it's not straight facing me does tap not work...however if it's facing my direction, every time
    I have AOD enabled on this phone but on my P2 i did not. I noticed my double tap would not work if my phone was "laying upside down" as soon as spun it right right side up it would work.
    11-15-2018 09:33 AM