Hey, All...

You may have noticed my other threads about audio lag on my Pixel 3XL when using an external mic. Well, after some more extensive testing, it turns out that it is NOT the mic, and NOT the player. It's actually the Stock Camera App that is faulty.

I tested with two external microphones:
    a) Rode VideoMic Me (USB-C to 3.5mm adapter)
    b) Blue Yeti (USB-C to USB-A adapter).

I tested with two Android video editing apps:
    a) KineMaster
    b) Cyberlink PowerDirector

I tested with 2 camera apps:
    a) Stock Google Camera App
    b) Open Camera

So, here are the results...

When using the Stock App:
    -BOTH external mics will cause slight audio delay when played back in the gallery
    -BOTH external mics cause HUGE audio delay when edited and compiled in EITHER video editor. It's unusable footage, that's how bad it is.

When using the Open Camera App:
    -Both external mic videos play FLAWLESSLY in the gallery
    -Both external mic videos work FLAWLESSLY when edited and compiled in EITHER video editor.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the stock camera app, and it didn't change anything. It should be noted that the Stock App works just fine when the internal mic is used - but we all know how poor that audio quality is - but I digress...

So, the question is, how do I bring this to Googles Attention? It can clearly be fixed with a software update. I'l like to share this test and results with them...

Thanks so much for reading,

Matt!
    11-12-2018 09:23 AM
    Thread fixed.
    11-27-2018 12:24 PM
    Thread fixed.
    You're the best! How much do I have to pay you to fix the damn typo from "externam" to "external" in my title? Lol.
    11-27-2018 12:31 PM
    You can pay me for that.

Now go to Settings, search for feedback and tell Google about the problem. (Feedback goes directly to the software people.)
    11-27-2018 12:40 PM