Pixel 3 XL - Hidden Notch

scionluna

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the specifics. I wanted to see for myself at Best Buy but they locked certain features of the demo phones so I couldn’t access Developer Mode.

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
there's a app called status bar in the play store which I think better then Nacho
I use it sometimes to change the color not hide it

Just installed this. The notch really hasn't bothered me, but this is interesting. I'm going to use it for a while. Thanks.

sraj49

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Contrary to my original feelings after looking at the photos, when I actually look at the notch it is not that bad. I have got used to it and I don't hide the notch.

dmm96452

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I sorta hide mine. I use a black background on the home screen so the notch is invisible there. It hasn't really bothered me in app so far.

brandonanthonyhall

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
Has anyone hidden the notch on their Pixel 3 XL or have you adjusted to the notch on the display?

If you have hidden the notch, how much of the display is lost, top and bottom, and it is noticeable?

I kept the notch and got rid of the ugly black navigation bar. I'm using an app called Fluid Navigation, it uses customizable gestures so I'm able to utilize the whole screen, much like the iPhone X and it works great!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I kept the notch and got rid of the ugly black navigation bar. I'm using an app called Fluid Navigation, it uses customizable gestures so I'm able to utilize the whole screen, much like the iPhone X and it works great!

That requires root and we don't get that many rooters through here these days

Oct 17, 2018
Visit site
Notch haters, I've found a solution!

So let me start by saying the notch on the 3XL was not a big deal with me, but after watching the unbox therapy video I really liked his idea of blocking it out but keeping the screen space for notifications. Well I got curious to see if any updates had been made on this front and...... I found a Reddit post discussing just this. Someone posted an app called nacho notch which does exactly what I wanted! It's awesome! Check it out! 27238.jpg

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Notch haters, I've found a solution!

Yeah Nacho Notch is great, however the only thing I don't like is that if the navigation bar goes white (like when you open Gmail), the nav buttons don't change to the dark grey, they stay white and blend into the white background.

Not a big deal, but just a little nit-pick.

I'd like Google to release an update with the option to hide the notch like Nacho Notch but keep the nav bar working normally.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: Notch haters, I've found a solution!

If you access your developer options, you can hide it from there as well. It's under "display cutoff"

That's another option , but it puts everything underneath the status bar while this app keeps notification in the status bar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana