Pixel 3 XL - Hidden Notch

scionluna

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
Has anyone hidden the notch on their Pixel 3 XL or have you adjusted to the notch on the display?

If you have hidden the notch, how much of the display is lost, top and bottom, and it is noticeable?

sjfrazier0410

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I hide mine. I left the notch there for a week and didn't adjust to it the way I did with my G7. It didn't bother me presay but It didn't fade into the background either if that makes sense. I don't mind larger bezels though. I just wish I could keep the clock and battery indicator beside the notch without downloading another app.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Yep it'd be exactly the same as the Pixel 2 XL.

Kate and I went back and forth between notch and hidden. Our preference is hidden and having the screen identical to the 2 XL. If Google ever has an option to put the notifications in the hidden notch "ears" area I'd like that. But until then we'll stay with the hidden option.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I hide mine. I left the notch there for a week and didn't adjust to it the way I did with my G7. It didn't bother me presay but It didn't fade into the background either if that makes sense. I don't mind larger bezels though. I just wish I could keep the clock and battery indicator beside the notch without downloading another app.

+1

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I can more easily deal with the "extra" bezel/chin than I can with the notch, so, yeah, my notch has been hidden since Day 1.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
there's a app called status bar in the play store which I think better then Nacho
I use it sometimes to change the color not hide it

scionluna

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
That’s unfortunate. Putting the clock and the battery indicator in the hidden notch corners would great since those items don’t need to be part of the main display.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
Has anyone hidden the notch on their Pixel 3 XL or have you adjusted to the notch on the display?

If you have hidden the notch, how much of the display is lost, top and bottom, and it is noticeable?

I downloaded and used nacho notch from the play store and it works pretty well but the notch doesn't bother me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol