Anyone still thinking pixel 3 is overpriced?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
You know, in the end, that is really all that matters. Price is like that initial shock you endure but fades away pretty quickly because it's just money. Kind of like that shock of jumping into a pool but then you get used to it pretty quickly and realize how nice it feels to just be in the water. Enjoying your device, whatever it is, is worth the price of admission.

Exactly

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
The Pixel just doesn't offer much to be priced so high. The design is boring the OS is missing basic features. The nexus line was perfect as it offered a good price for what you received. Google is really reaching with what they claim is a "premium" phone with too many compromises.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The Pixel just doesn't offer much to be priced so high. The design is boring the OS is missing basic features. The nexus line was perfect as it offered a good price for what you received. Google is really reaching with what they claim is a "premium" phone with too many compromises.

What would u like to see different? I mean I dont like any of these phones prices. But you have to pay to play .

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I'll deny it. The market decides what's overpriced and OEMs will adjust accordingly over time. Declaring something overpriced depends on perspective. If we are simply talking hardware specs, there are less expensive alternatives, none of which interest me. If we are talking about affordable products based on income, Pixel is not anywhere close to a bargain. If you have disposable income it doesn't matter how much it costs. I'm going to take the unpopular stance and state that I don't care about cost within the current price range of competitors. It's not about price....I see something I like and I run with it. I realize that not everyone can do that but there are alternatives out there.

My sentiments exactly! I've earned the right to not be concerned about the cost.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Don't matter what anybody thinks about the price
And it Dang sure ain't gonna change the price.

What matters is.

Do you want the Pixel 3 XL phone or not.

Ball is in yet court.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I got a pixel 3 and don't think I compromised, sure it's expensive but most premium brand are...and Google is one of those brands. It feels premium, had all the features I want and performs incredibly. The only ones who know any different or have an opinion such as yours are those who buy multiple phone's. As someone who came from iOS which we all can admit is a solid OS, I can vouch pixel 3 and Android 9 are fantastic.

As many have mentioned it comes down to preference, that includes many factors and the combination is what makes pixel a special device.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
The more you use a Pixel phone
The more you learn about it.
Stay on the forum.
Read the posts.

And just cause some people are having a problem don't mean everybody is.

Watch YouTube videos too.

If you are coming from a different phone.
Things may be different.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

That's fine as long as you realize that's it's just your opinion. Many feel differently

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site

Yet it offers more than every other premium phone. And by a lot; only Apple is close.

No one has better security, no one has better camera, no other Android OEMs guarantee that they won't sell your user data, no one supports their devices better except Apple, no one has a better software experience, no one has a better display, I can go on and on.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Yet it offers more than every other premium phone. And by a lot; only Apple is close.

No one has better security, no one has better camera, no other Android OEMs guarantee that they won't sell your user data, no one supports their devices better except Apple, no one has a better software experience, no one has a better display, I can go on and on.

Except that at every turn there is one more problem with it. Literally daily it seems to me.

Very frustrating to someone, like me, that really wants to be all in with Google. I can't justify buying a Pixel 3 at any price until Google fixes all the things that should have been fixed before launch, assuming they can be patched with software.

That's not even taking into account the proprietary wireless charging issue and hardware issues (speakers) that most likely cannot be fixed.

I want to believe Google is The One that will unify Android, AI, ML, et Al to rival Apple in Mobile, but this year's Pixels make me seriously question their direction and commitment.

I love Android OS, and Google in general, but Pie and the Pixel this year seem to need a lot more TLC before it's ready for Prime Time IMO.

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I had Nexus 4,5,6,6P and pixel 1,2XL also OnePlus 5T,6 and Samsung S8+ and when I used my pixel sometimes I thought this phone is too boring and I want to switch to something else and everytimes I have to go back to stock Android. This is why I still have to buy Google stock Android phone.

Vega502

Jan 19, 2017
Visit site
When I compare it to th e Oneplus 6T it is too pricey. Even though I think that, I still want one. I'm a fan of the design and wish they'd create a transparent version like JerryRigEverything did.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Sorry guys, I'm too emotionally invested and taking the Pixel 3 stuff way more personal than I should lol.

I had pretty high expectations for this year's launch and feel let down.

Think I'll head home, have an adult beverage and chill out.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sorry guys, I'm too emotionally invested and taking the Pixel 3 stuff way more personal than I should lol.

I had pretty high expectations for this year's launch and feel let down.

Don't worry we all sometimes get caught up in these things , enjoy that bevearge👍

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site

Now THAT sounds like a great start to a great evening!!:cool:

I haven't had any of the issues that some users have had, so my personal experience has been exceptional. Google will square all the corners and resolves any "issues" that aren't by design on their devices, however.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Except that at every turn there is one more problem with it. Literally daily it seems to me.

Very frustrating to someone, like me, that really wants to be all in with Google. I can't justify buying a Pixel 3 at any price until Google fixes all the things that should have been fixed before launch, assuming they can be patched with software.

That's not even taking into account the proprietary wireless charging issue and hardware issues (speakers) that most likely cannot be fixed.

I want to believe Google is The One that will unify Android, AI, ML, et Al to rival Apple in Mobile, but this year's Pixels make me seriously question their direction and commitment.

I love Android OS, and Google in general, but Pie and the Pixel this year seem to need a lot more TLC before it's ready for Prime Time IMO.

Reset your phone.
See if it changes anything.

Good Luck.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

There's a definitive difference between perception and reality. It's hard to really know unless you're all in.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

If you don't mine paying the price.

Return yer Pixel 3 to Google.

When you get your money back.

Go to Best Buy.
Find a sales person that knows be pixel phones

Get a Pixel 3. If that's what you want.
Let them set it up.
Play by some music threw the speakers.
See if they sound good.

If you have a phone with all your data.
Take it and your sims card.
Play with the phone in the store.
Work with it
If you need help, ask the phone by people.

Make sure you have your phone the way you want it before you leave the store.

You can get 12 month interest free monthly be payments if you pay on time, to pay down how much you like

While you are in in there.
Look at the pixel 3 XL.
It's not that much bigger than the 3.
In like it better.
Also has a 3450 ah battery.

Play down how much be you want

The pixel 3 XL has a better battery.
And more pixels on the screen.
Size is very close

I think by the pixel 3 XL is a better phone myself.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/pixel-3-vs-pixel-3-xl,news-28273.html

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20