11-19-2018 09:55 PM
151 12345 ...
tools
    I had Nexus 4,5,6,6P and pixel 1,2XL also OnePlus 5T,6 and Samsung S8+ and when I used my pixel sometimes I thought this phone is too boring and I want to switch to something else and everytimes I have to go back to stock Android. This is why I still have to buy Google stock Android phone.
    brosko likes this.
    11-13-2018 06:01 PM
    When I compare it to th e Oneplus 6T it is too pricey. Even though I think that, I still want one. I'm a fan of the design and wish they'd create a transparent version like JerryRigEverything did.
    DMP89145 and J Dubbs like this.
    11-13-2018 06:05 PM
    Sorry guys, I'm too emotionally invested and taking the Pixel 3 stuff way more personal than I should lol.

I had pretty high expectations for this year's launch and feel let down.

Think I'll head home, have an adult beverage and chill out.
    11-13-2018 06:07 PM
    Sorry guys, I'm too emotionally invested and taking the Pixel 3 stuff way more personal than I should lol.

I had pretty high expectations for this year's launch and feel let down.

Don't worry we all sometimes get caught up in these things , enjoy that bevearge👍
    DMP89145 and Kalvin Kerns like this.
    11-13-2018 06:10 PM
    Now THAT sounds like a great start to a great evening!!

I haven't had any of the issues that some users have had, so my personal experience has been exceptional. Google will square all the corners and resolves any "issues" that aren't by design on their devices, however.
    mustang7757 and Kalvin Kerns like this.
    11-13-2018 06:11 PM
    Except that at every turn there is one more problem with it. Literally daily it seems to me.

Very frustrating to someone, like me, that really wants to be all in with Google. I can't justify buying a Pixel 3 at any price until Google fixes all the things that should have been fixed before launch, assuming they can be patched with software.

That's not even taking into account the proprietary wireless charging issue and hardware issues (speakers) that most likely cannot be fixed.

I want to believe Google is The One that will unify Android, AI, ML, et Al to rival Apple in Mobile, but this year's Pixels make me seriously question their direction and commitment.

I love Android OS, and Google in general, but Pie and the Pixel this year seem to need a lot more TLC before it's ready for Prime Time IMO.
    Reset your phone.
    See if it changes anything.

Good Luck.
    11-13-2018 06:46 PM
    OK. I'm within the Pixel 3 return window - can you recommend a phone which is correctly priced and similar to the Pixel 3? I am genuinely open to suggestions. I prefer a smaller device.
    Pixel 2
    11-13-2018 07:01 PM
    Except that at every turn there is one more problem with it. Literally daily it seems to me.

Very frustrating to someone, like me, that really wants to be all in with Google. I can't justify buying a Pixel 3 at any price until Google fixes all the things that should have been fixed before launch, assuming they can be patched with software.

That's not even taking into account the proprietary wireless charging issue and hardware issues (speakers) that most likely cannot be fixed.

I want to believe Google is The One that will unify Android, AI, ML, et Al to rival Apple in Mobile, but this year's Pixels make me seriously question their direction and commitment.

I love Android OS, and Google in general, but Pie and the Pixel this year seem to need a lot more TLC before it's ready for Prime Time IMO.
    There's a definitive difference between perception and reality. It's hard to really know unless you're all in.
    Kalvin Kerns likes this.
    11-13-2018 07:47 PM
    Reset your phone.
    See if it changes anything.

Good Luck.
    I don't think he has one
    brosko likes this.
    11-13-2018 07:48 PM
    Pixel 2
    If you don't mine paying the price.

Return yer Pixel 3 to Google.

When you get your money back.

Go to Best Buy.
    Find a sales person that knows be pixel phones

Get a Pixel 3. If that's what you want.
    Let them set it up.
    Play by some music threw the speakers.
    See if they sound good.

If you have a phone with all your data.
    Take it and your sims card.
    Play with the phone in the store.
    Work with it
    If you need help, ask the phone by people.

Make sure you have your phone the way you want it before you leave the store.

You can get 12 month interest free monthly be payments if you pay on time, to pay down how much you like

While you are in in there.
    Look at the pixel 3 XL.
    It's not that much bigger than the 3.
    In like it better.
    Also has a 3450 ah battery.

Play down how much be you want

The pixel 3 XL has a better battery.
    And more pixels on the screen.
    Size is very close

I think by the pixel 3 XL is a better phone myself.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/pixel-3...ews-28273.html
    11-13-2018 10:14 PM
    If a phone is all about money.

I'd just get a flip phone.
    Won't cost you much.
    11-13-2018 10:33 PM
    I just went ahead and purchased a 128GB clearly white Pixel 3 XL from Best Buy because they are selling them for $100 off. So now I don't think it was overpriced.
    11-13-2018 10:34 PM
    There's a definitive difference between perception and reality. It's hard to really know unless you're all in.
    Point taken sir.
    11-13-2018 11:06 PM
    I don't think he has one
    Nope I don't have a Pixel. I currently have an S8 and I've been waiting for the Pixel 3. With all the negative reviews I've decided to either wait until Google fixes everything or I may go iPhone Xs this year. Then again, my phone isn't that old so I may wait the year out entirely. Decisions, decisions.
    11-13-2018 11:09 PM
    I can guarantee you next year in the Pixel 4 forums you will see many posts with issues/concerns etc. I have owned too many phones to know how things go and every device forum there is a pattern and similar complaints. Not saying they are invalid but probably some small percent gets affected every year. Nothing new and won't change next year as well.
    Nope I don't have a Pixel. I currently have an S8 and I've been waiting for the Pixel 3. With all the negative reviews I've decided to either wait until Google fixes everything or I may go iPhone Xs this year. Then again, my phone isn't that old so I may wait the year out entirely. Decisions, decisions.
    xzell likes this.
    11-13-2018 11:22 PM
    I got a Samsung S8+ laying in the drawer.

No way would the OL or me go back to a eyephone

I got a Pixel 3 XL.
    Speakers be are great.
    Earpiece us great.
    Battery is great.
    Charges great
    Still learning what all the phone by will do.
    Camera is great.
    What all the phone will do is sticking right in front of you.

You have to be smart enough to learn how to operate be the phone.
    It operates different than other Android phones.
    brosko likes this.
    11-14-2018 01:12 AM
    11-14-2018 01:24 AM
    The phone is overpriced. There's no denying that.

Anyway, Flossy calls all flagship phones overpriced anyway.
    And he's right....in the last 2 years flagships from Apple/Samsung/and now Google have jumped up an unexplainable, inexcusable, beyond ridiculous amount. Price jumps WAYY beyond normal inflation.... and we all know it.

We're being gouged, and it's up to us as individuals to decide if we're okay with that.
    11-14-2018 01:46 AM
    And did you watch the introduction on the pixel phones.

What about the titan security chip ?

Ask o.k. Google about it.
    11-14-2018 01:46 AM
    And he's right....in the last 2 years flagships from Apple/Samsung/and now Google have jumped up an unexplainable, inexcusable, beyond ridiculous amount. Price jumps WAYY beyond normal inflation.... and we all know it.

We're being gouged, and it's up to us as individuals to decide if we're okay with that.
    Do you own a pixel phone !
    11-14-2018 01:48 AM
    Technology is going forward not backwards.

Technology cost money

You can't see everything in technology unless you learn what all it can do.

Technology is charging too.
    Learn the symbols.
    11-14-2018 01:57 AM
    11-14-2018 02:00 AM
    Symbols.....

11-14-2018 02:18 AM
    Do you own a pixel phone !
    Of course I do, why else would I be here irritated with Google's approach to and treatment of the pixel 3? I'm always going to own a pixel phone, but it doesn't mean I have to agree with how they're marketing the 3 lol.
    Kalvin Kerns and brosko like this.
    11-14-2018 02:21 AM
    11-14-2018 02:45 AM
151 12345 ...