11-19-2018 09:55 PM
151 ... 4567
tools
    I don't necessarily agree that a phone that knocks it out of the ball park has to be expensive. There are very nice profit margins on high end phones and if a company wanted to, they could cut into those profit margins and still provide a high end phone. OnePlus for example offer a high-end phone with equal or better specs than the Pixel 3 at a much cheaper price. It can be done.

I don't know how well the Pixel 3 line will sell, but the Android landscape is very competitive. I don't think it'll sell that well.
    OnePlus is a poor example though because of the major compromises required to get that cheaper price point.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    11-16-2018 11:36 AM
    Pricing is relative to personal view anyways. It depends on what you value in your tech. Personally, I have a high value on having GA native on my device, but a lower value on the spec sheet. Others will be different, obviously.

The feauture set is more subtle for the Pixel and if a consumer needs/wants a more obvious feature set, the restraint of the Pixel will probably be lost on that consumer.
    mustang7757 and J Dubbs like this.
    11-16-2018 11:48 AM
    True, but not all overpriced cars are at that point because of safety.
    Absolutely! Sometimes it's because of the brand or some extra features that have nothing to do with safety.
    11-16-2018 06:02 PM
    If I had of wanted a CHEAP phone.

I would of bought one .

I got what I wanted.
    You wanted a pixel phone..... you were going crazy counting down the days till they were for sale. You couldn't get a cheap phone because the phone you wanted was a pixel 3XL which wasn't cheap. So your statement isn't actually accurate lol ;-)

If you were waffling between a cheap phone and the pixel 3XL then your statement would be more accurate.... but you weren't :O ;-)
    11-17-2018 05:07 AM
    I'm actually surprised this topic is still going so strong, I think it's pretty clear some consider it overpriced and others don't... technically doesn't matter in the context of individual preference.

Are the pixel phones expensive? Definitely

Was the pixel 3 (non xl) worth the price I paid because it's awesome ? Definitely
    DMP89145, Morty2264 and J Dubbs like this.
    11-17-2018 09:53 AM
    I'm actually surprised this topic is still going so strong, I think it's pretty clear some consider it overpriced and others don't... technically doesn't matter in the context of individual preference.

Was the pixel 3 (non xl) worth the price I paid because it's awesome ? Definitely
    You do have a point. It is all subjective and depends on user preference.
    11-17-2018 10:49 AM
    All three of my flagships was purchased under $1,000 taxes included through either credits and/or promotions.

It's bad enough I'm addicted but I draw the line of dropping over $1,000+ CAN for a phone. It's one of the reasons why for the first time I skipped on my favorite series, Note 8.

IMO all these flagships are $400 over priced.

Right now the 3 XL will cost me $1,100.54 CAN taxes included if I was to split the cost with their 50% off sale. It's still too much, it's not like I want it so bad but let's just say they included the Wireless Charging Stand for free and then I might consider offering the Not Pink.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-17-2018 12:55 PM
    All three of my flagships was purchased under $1,000 taxes included through either credits and/or promotions.

It's bad enough I'm addicted but I draw the line of dropping over $1,000+ CAN for a phone. It's one of the reasons why for the first time I skipped on my favorite series, Note 8.

IMO all these flagships are $400 over priced.

Right now the 3 XL will cost me $1,100.54 CAN taxes included if I was to split the cost with their 50% off sale. It's still too much, it's not like I want it so bad but let's just say they included the Wireless Charging Stand for free and then I might consider offering the Not Pink.
    My update cycle puts me into discount prices on phones released 7 to 8 months previously, which works for me. I am comfortable in life but rarely pay premium price for a new car, or a new phone or other items. It just isn't worth it to me. For others I guess it is. I posted a while ago that the iPhone can reach prices of $1999.00 here in Canada.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    11-17-2018 01:30 PM

You make an extremely good point, there is a most definite difference between expensive and overpriced based on the individual users preferences....... something we need to remember ;-)
    11-17-2018 03:10 PM
    People compared the high price because for $1000

Pixel
    - best camera
    - best software
    - Great screen
    - front speaker
    - IP68
    - Wireless charger

Samsung
    - Best screen
    - Better design
    - SD slot
    - Dual speaker
    - IP68
    - Great Camera
    - 3.5 Jack
    - Wireless charger
    11-17-2018 03:32 PM
    At least it’s not over $1000
    11-18-2018 12:35 AM
    YES definitely overpriced
    11-18-2018 03:10 AM
    Why is no one mentioning the free original quality photos and video storage?

Just upload all your past photos to your phone. Upload to Google photos. Delete. Repeat process.

Hey presto. Your entire photo and video collection backed up forever. This is worth a lot by itself.

Is the Pixel overpriced? Probably. I was disappointed by this year's Pixels (I have the 2XL).

I want the next gen to have an extra camera module (zoom or wide angle), 6gb memory, 128gb storage as standard, and to get rid of that smegging notch.

I don't care about the wide angle selfies. I never take pictures of my ugly face!
    11-19-2018 10:43 AM
    Way overpriced, I can get a laptop cheaper than the Pixel 3 XL.
    11-19-2018 11:02 AM
    Just saw Flossy Carter real review and he mentioned that he like the phone but he also thought pixel 3 is overpriced, lack of features, boring OS and this phone should be $699.

Anyone thinking the same?
    I agree with Flossy. With no led notifications & not much memory $700 sounds right compared to flagships with better speakers, earphone jack and more ram.
    11-19-2018 11:26 AM
    As has been said, all flagship devices seem overpriced. Also been said, You gotta pay to play. Prices are not likely to drop but keep steadily going up. If it costs to much for someones budget then maybe have a plan "B" in place. In my case plan "B is to just use what I have, a pixel 2.
    I used to upgrade maybe 4 times a year not that many years ago when innovations were cutting edge, killer and always something new to marvel at. These days Pfffft, hardly anything to justify current years release over last years. Slightly faster processor, slightly better camera for selfie fans, gestures I don't care for for everything, notch. Certainly not enough to entice me so sitting it out. But to those that upgraded , You Rock!! And I can hear all about your P3 adventures right here.
    mustang7757 and mrjetpacks like this.
    11-19-2018 11:48 AM
    The Pixel 3 series devices are not over priced...it's the beginning of their release, coming from Google--a huge company with a tried & true name in the mobile and tech world. What do you expect. They have to pay for their advertising somehow... Black Friday...Google is already knocking off $150/$200 from the 3/3XL, respectively...six months from now, both devices will be $150 - $300 cheaper. If you want either of these devices at a cheaper price...just wait. The current price of the devices is for the eager (for whatever reason), and curious consumers of the world.

Enough people know you can get a OnePlus 6T for less money, more specs...but...it's "1+" etched in on the back of the device, not a "G". If the devices we're truly over priced...No One would buy one - at all.
    11-19-2018 12:04 PM
    I loved my 2 XL for the year I had it. However I was more than willing to upgrade and pay for a screen that would rank among the very best. After all, I do spend a number of hours looking at this screen every day. For me that was my main motivation to upgrade. The rest of the improvements are frosting on the cake. I'd buy my 3 XL again in a heartbeat!

I'll also add that my Kate says that her 3 XL is the first phone she's ever had that she really likes and really enjoys using! She loves the camera! Remember that old saying, "If the wife ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"!

You're self justifying.

If you want it then get it. Don't tell yourself the screen is life changing....just makes you look silly.

I doubt if I blocked off all but a 1" x 1" square you'd be able to guess which phone is which.
    Ben_70 likes this.
    11-19-2018 12:57 PM
    so true....
    11-19-2018 12:58 PM
    This goes for me too! If it were cheaper to upgrade I'd do it but am liking my pixel 2.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-19-2018 01:08 PM
    This goes for me too! If it were cheaper to upgrade I'd do it but am liking my pixel 2.
    11-19-2018 01:10 PM
    You're self justifying.

If you want it then get it. Don't tell yourself the screen is life changing....just makes you look silly.

I doubt if I blocked off all but a 1" x 1" square you'd be able to guess which phone is which.
    The man likes his phone and is sharing his experience and opinion. Why rain on his parade?
    TraderGary likes this.
    11-19-2018 07:32 PM
    You're self justifying.

My Pixel 3 XL screen looks great.
    Battery life is very good.
    My 1st Pixel.

Haven't had any problems out of it.
    Phone works great.

I got in line as soon as google released them.
    TraderGary likes this.
    11-19-2018 07:41 PM
    Lol this thread is bombarded by non Pixel 3 owners wanting to hate....don't drink the hate-araid!!
    bhatech, TraderGary and DMP89145 like this.
    11-19-2018 08:32 PM
    Why would posers want to come on here and mess things up for people looking to buy a new pixel phone.
    If you got a pixel phone and are unhappy.
    Bite the bullet. Trade it in and get the phone that by makes you happy.
    But don't mess things up for folks on Thanksgiving bustin their chops cause they got a new phone.
    It's not your right .
    TraderGary likes this.
    11-19-2018 08:56 PM
151 ... 4567