Magnetic mount Pixel 3

ThaiBruin

May 3, 2010
Visit site
If I installed a magnet to the case of a pixel 3, would it work with the charger stand? Thanks

It depends on the magnet mount you're using. Some are designed to place the magnets around the charging coil. A flat magnet may block the coil unless you place it really low on the back of the phone.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
If you install the magnet at the bottom of the phone then the stand will still work. One thing to keep in mind is that if you have your phone on the mount and want to put it in landscape orientation then the phone will more than likely not hold up because of the weight distribution wouldn't be even in that manner. In other words, the phone would just keep falling off. Portrait orientation is fine but not landscape.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Magnetic mount pixel 3

I'm looking for some comments or advice about the useful use of a magnetic mount for a pixel 3. Thanks

Pixel34me

Nov 8, 2018
Visit site
Re: Magnetic mount pixel 3

I have a mag mount in my car. I trimmed and placed the metal plate toward the bottom of the phone between the two pieces of my incipio case. Works well and the phone still charges on my old "slow" Verizon branded wirless charger.

Roscopcoletrain

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I took a square plate, cut it down and mounted it low inside my Nomad case.

wqhvBs3.jpg

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I'm told that the magnetic dash mount is strong enough to hold the Pixel. I've read that if the magnate is placed at the bottom of the phone, it will not interfere with the wireless charging when it's on the Google charger stand. Any experience out there? Thanks

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Magnetic mount for pixel

I plan on Charging a Pixel 3 on the Google charger stand with a magnetic mount. Any suggestions as to where to place the magnet? Thanks.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
1 more question. Will the placement of the plate on the bottom of the case, cause it to fall off the magnet?

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up the 3 XL and while I have historically used a magnetic mount in the car, reluctantly decided to forego it this time since the Pixel Stand came with it and I figured I may as well make use of that. The above notwithstanding, I reflexively went to put my 3 XL against the mount when I got into the car the first time, and was surprised that it stuck – in a (light) case – without a metal plate!

It isn't a very powerful grip compared to what a plate would offer, but I've been driving around town for the past few days and it has stayed perfectly in place (I keep it in landscape orientation - it seems less steady in portrait, but the former is my preference so that's no concern to me).

If your car has a pretty smooth ride/good suspension, and if the magnet in the mount is strong, it may work for you (note: try at your own risk!). The mount I use is https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016GNYZIC/?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6420780 and it's a good bit stronger than the vent mag mount I'd used previously.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Good news, I think. I've not seen any screens being interrupted from pop-ups for the past few hours . I hope the problem is resolved.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc