Where did you make the most money on your PIxel 2 if you sold it?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I sold it for $480 on Swappa (Pixel 2 XL) but that was a few weeks ago. I realize I said I just as if I just did so -- bad wording on my part :p.

Nice...Was that before the 3 hit the doorsteps?

I sold my Panda about 2 weeks ago for 460. The Swappa, Paypal, and shipping with insurance took a nice chunk. Still better than a trade in.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I sold my Panda about 2 weeks ago for 460. The Swappa, Paypal, and shipping with insurance took a nice chunk. Still better than a trade in.

Thanks. Another number for me to keep in mind. That helps.

I think I have finally grown cold to Swappa. It took 2 or 3 hits with those fees. Now, I am awake!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. Another number for me to keep in mind. That helps.

I think I have finally grown cold to Swappa. It took 2 or 3 hits with those fees. Now, I am awake!

Mine was sold as 128 mint with 3 cases. It took a couple of days for it to move. There was the typical bottom Fisher that offered 400. Then I had a guy that was interested but he kept asking so many questions that I'm glad he didn't buy it. I put it around the same price as the most recent prior sale and it went.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So, to recap.... I would get at least $400 for my 2XL 128. I'm going to low ball it right now.

Pixel 3 = 799
Less Black Friday discount of 150
= 649

649 - 400 = $249

Please let me imagine there is no tax for now.

C5Longhorn

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I picked 400 as a number that it my boil down to after fees, based on your 460.

Craigslist would avoid that, as long as I don't get murdered.

Lol, I was going to say that joking. No fees, but maybe a knife or gun. In all seriousness, a good public place goes a long way.

C5Longhorn

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I've met at La Madeline, Starbucks, ATT, and Mall food court. Was really surprised when the guy who bought my Pixel XL from Craigslist ad turned out to be an Anthesiologist. The guy who bought an iPhone X I hadat ATT was a drug dealer (pulled out a was of bills, paid me in hundreds and the money smelled like weed).

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I've met at La Madeline, Starbucks, ATT, and Mall food court. Was really surprised when the guy who bought my Pixel XL from Craigslist ad turned out to be an Anthesiologist. The guy who bought an iPhone X I hadat ATT was a drug dealer (pulled out a was of bills, paid me in hundreds and the money smelled like weed).

LOL... you're really selling it to me! 50/50 chance of a doctor or a drug dealer!

Starbucks is a good idea.

Thanks!

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
LOL... you're really selling it to me! 50/50 chance of a doctor or a drug dealer!

Starbucks is a good idea.

Thanks!

I sold a washer & dryer set on Craig's list -- even let the buyer come to my home to pick it up. They ended up be a young newlywed couple, and he was in the armed forces. My wife and I ended up feeling really good about the deal -- a young couple just starting out -- they got a good deal. :)

I just share because, while I believe being safe is important, there are a lot more good people out there than we are led to believe.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
All kidding aside, Craigslist isn't really dangerous. Just insist on meeting during the day and at a public place and you should be OK. Before I started using swappa/ebay I sold a lot of things on Craigslist with no problems.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
All kidding aside, Craigslist isn't really dangerous. Just insist on meeting during the day and at a public place and you should be OK. Before I started using swappa/ebay I sold a lot of things on Craigslist with no problems.

Thanks. I actually looked up OfferUp fees - 7%. It's still better than Swappa or eBay, then PayPal.

I think I'll go with Craigslist if I do it. I'm up for the challenge.

mumratron

Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
I sold locally in Haiti while on TDY to the Embassy. Since the phone is not sold here , nor can lithium batteries be shipped I got 550 for my Pixel 2.