Spoke to Verizon today and had them set up my line.

PSA: If you have a Pixel 3 or 3 XL on Verizon, they can provision the line for RCS-rcs.png

They were not able to set it up for another number with a Pixel 2 XL.
    DMP89145 and SteelGator like this.
    11-16-2018 10:37 AM
    So can you tell? Is the only benefit for other Pixel 3 owners on Verizon?

I think it probably is. That will be quite a small group. lol
    11-16-2018 12:44 PM
    LMAO. I am on the phone with them right now and the guy does not even know what it is, and can't seem to find it.

Update: after 30 minutes tech and supervisor were unable to find the option to add to my account.

Update 2: I am 0/2. I tried to add it to my son's line which in not on my corporate account. No luck. They could not find it either.
    11-16-2018 12:54 PM
    If no one I text uses Android will RCS have any benefit to me?
    11-16-2018 12:59 PM
    Just got it turned on thru Verizon for my 2 Pixel 3 XLs and my Pixel XL. It should be available on all Pixels.
    11-16-2018 01:08 PM
    Both of my lines show it under services already added to the line. But I see nothing to turn it on under the messages application.
    11-16-2018 01:15 PM
    I just had an extended conversation with a representative from Level 2 technical support on Verizon. She had no idea what I was talking about. She suggested that perhaps I have enhanced communication services and that's what RCS is. Should anyone have any thoughts on this matter, I would love to hear them.
    11-16-2018 03:47 PM
    As did I. I was put on hold a few times and they also contacted Google for whatever reason. They had no info on it. Ah well.
    I just had an extended conversation with a representative from Level 2 technical support on Verizon. She had no idea what I was talking about. She suggested that perhaps I have enhanced communication services and that's what RCS is. Should anyone have any thoughts on this matter, I would love to hear them.
    11-16-2018 07:18 PM
    11-16-2018 08:09 PM
    I just had an extended conversation with a representative from Level 2 technical support on Verizon. She had no idea what I was talking about. She suggested that perhaps I have enhanced communication services and that's what RCS is.
    Given that Verizon is the highest priced network and the only one selling these phones directly, you would expect that their tech support folks would have a clue.
    11-21-2018 08:51 PM
    Given that Verizon is the highest priced network and the only one selling these phones directly, you would expect that their tech support folks would have a clue.
    Given that everyone who knows anything about this industry in the us market knows that your premise is false, the rest of the non-sequiter seems pointless to respond to.
    11-21-2018 09:21 PM
    Given that everyone who knows anything about this industry in the us market knows that your premise is false, the rest of the non-sequiter seems pointless to respond to.
    Then why did you bother?

Which other cell phone carrier is selling the pixel? And are you seriously arguing that Verizon competes on price?
    11-21-2018 09:48 PM
    First ... All carrier tech support sucks. If you go to their "tech support" that's a mistake right there.

Two.. my line costs 33 bucks a month with unlimited talk, text, data (22 GB de-pri), and 15 GB hotspot.
    11-21-2018 10:00 PM
    RCS isn't really here yet anyway, is it? I thought Verizon clarified that this is coming in early 2019.
    11-21-2018 10:15 PM
    RCS isn't really here yet anyway, is it? I thought Verizon clarified that this is coming in early 2019.
    Yep sounds like it.
    11-21-2018 10:18 PM
    Then why did you bother?

Which other cell phone carrier is selling the pixel? And are you seriously arguing that Verizon competes on price?
    Are you seriously asking why someone would bother to point out obvious misinformation? Because truth matters?

In the area I spend most of my time, Verizon is the only major carrier with any semblance of reliable coverage.

That said, Verizon is by far the cheapest of major carriers for me too. It's not even close

So best coverage plus cheapest = obviously the best value.
    11-21-2018 11:18 PM
    First ... All carrier tech support sucks. If you go to their "tech support" that's a mistake right there.

Two.. my line costs 33 bucks a month with unlimited talk, text, data (22 GB de-pri), and 15 GB hotspot.
    Is this a standard deal anyone can get?
    11-22-2018 09:24 AM
    Is this a standard deal anyone can get?
    Yeah it's just a family plan. Just like any carrier if you get a family plan going things get cheaper. Basically the whole hulk = cheaper.

People just seem to think Verizon is always super expensive and no one but Rich people can afford it but that isn't always the case .
    11-22-2018 01:46 PM

33 per person on the plan? There is cheaper to be had from mainstream carriers.

Not that I think it hugely expensive, but it IS on the higher side of the cost.
    11-22-2018 06:33 PM
    Are you seriously asking why someone would bother to point out obvious misinformation? Because truth matters?
    Are you seriously saying that telling someone that they are wrong without actually citing the facts is actually spreading the truth?

I also note that you haven't supplied any facts that counter my comment.

No other carrier sells the Pixel.

And while they do have the best coverage in SOME parts of the country, it is still the case that they don't compete on price. And, in some parts of the country they are no better than other carriers (and in some cases, worse). This is based on tests done by various organizations.
    11-22-2018 06:36 PM
    33 per person on the plan? There is cheaper to be had from mainstream carriers.

Not that I think it hugely expensive, but it IS on the higher side of the cost.
    Worth it for what I get. Been going around the past year and a half to various places and never once did I not have LTE or speeds that weren't usable.
    11-22-2018 06:40 PM
    Are you seriously saying that telling someone that they are wrong without actually citing the facts is actually spreading the truth?

I also note that you haven't supplied any facts that counter my comment.

No other carrier sells the Pixel.

And while they do have the best coverage in SOME parts of the country, it is still the case that they don't compete on price. And, in some parts of the country they are no better than other carriers (and in some cases, worse). This is based on tests done by various organizations.
    My position is that we should be honest; your position is that it doesn't matter. We're not going to agree on that and we can go ahead and just stop wasting each other's time.

The premise of your argument was that Verizon was the highest priced. Given that that is not true, everything that follows it doesn't matter that much. But even the stuff that followed it, also was not true. Verizon is not the only carrier that sells the pixels, it is also not the only carrier that supports them on their network. But even if you were correct about that, it would not logically follow that customer service reps from the carrier or experts on ongoing discussions between a manufacturer and the carriers representatives.

The customer service representative on the phone knows almost nothing about what is going on behind the scenes from a technical standpoint or really any other standpoint. They are low-wage, low-tech individuals who are generally basing their responses on a script. The average consumer that they deal with is asking about things like call forwarding or other very low-tech very familiar things. We have to keep in mind that the average consumer still buys phones from a carrier store and buys whatever the customer service rep in the store recommended to them. there is absolutely no business need to provide high-level training to the types of Representatives that are going to deal with the vast majority of customers.
    11-22-2018 06:41 PM
    Worth it for what I get. Been going around the past year and a half to various places and never once did I not have LTE or speeds that weren't usable.
    I get what you are saying. I never commented on whether it's worth paying for, and I know that for a lot of people it's a good value.
    11-22-2018 06:50 PM
    My position is that we should be honest; your position is that it doesn't matter. We're not going to agree on that and we can go ahead and just stop wasting each other's time.
    That's not true. That is not what I said, nor what I implied.

I don't know what your agenda is, but I have no intention of wasting my time with this.
    11-22-2018 06:52 PM