11-19-2018 04:58 PM
92 1234
tools
    Yes and no bc Google never gives these type of discounts for their brand new phones only for the other hardware like Google homes etc. Even on the Android central pod cast they mentioned this. If they were known for giving discounts for their phones I would of waited.
    11-17-2018 09:26 PM
    I feel betrayed by buying one early. Google will not honor the price, an this conveniently happenedjust outside 1 month of the return window. Discounting a device steeply 1 month after release is a real middle finger to the fans of your product..

First, as others have said, no one forced you to get one. And second, everyone knew Black Friday was just around the corner, so of course they're going to have a discount, they do every year. When I got my original Pixel on BF, they had they had a helluva lot steeper discount than that, so I got it.

Here's the BF deal for the original regular Pixel from 2016: "A 32GB Pixel will sell for just $240. That’s $10 per month for 24 months. If you want more storage, then you’ll have to pay $360 for the 128GB Pixel over the course of two years. The deal is valid on Thanksgiving and Black Friday."

And here's the BF deal for the regular Pixel 2 from last year: "Verizon is offering 50 percent off the Pixel 2, Galaxy S8, and Moto Z2 Force when you sign up for an unlimited plan."

So this year's BF deals don't even come close to what they've previously offered. Just to note, these were Verizon's BF deals, a quick Google search would bring you the ones from Google or Best Buy or Target.
    11-17-2018 10:06 PM
    Exactly pixel 2 verizon deal I'm talking more about deals from the Google store directly since I'm a project fi user Verizon deals are irrelevant.

But it's true technically we could of waited, but still doesn't take for the fact that it kind of #feelsbad . On the bright side at least we received a $50 credit for the Google store.
    11-17-2018 10:10 PM
    I actually checked last year's Google store sales before I purchased just in case and they didn't offer any sales last year. Last year they couldn't keep up with demand so that may be why. It's still a little irritating but it is what it is.
    Google didn't have a BF deal last year, but they had a Cyber Monday deal, a Pixel 2 or 2XL got you a free Google Home Mini + $100 store credit.
    dmxjago likes this.
    11-17-2018 10:13 PM
    I was one of the first to buy. I was more than happy to pay full price in order to have my Pixel 3 XL the day it was released. You pay more for front row tickets. That's the way it is.
    ThaiBruin likes this.
    11-17-2018 10:16 PM
    I was one of the first to buy. I was more than happy to pay full price in order to have my Pixel 3 XL the day it was released. You pay more for front row tickets. That's the way it is.
    I pre-ordered because I wanted to sell my 2XL for as much as possible. I just checked Swappa and they are already dropping from when I sold mine a couple weeks ago. Next time I might sell my 3XL before the 4 comes out.
    radgatt likes this.
    11-17-2018 10:24 PM
    this is the best way to do it if you have a backup phone you can get by on for a month or so.
    11-17-2018 10:31 PM
    I pre-ordered because I wanted to sell my 2XL for as much as possible. I just checked Swappa and they are already dropping from when I sold mine a couple weeks ago. Next time I might sell my 3XL before the 4 comes out.
    I took the trade-in offer and shipped my 2 XL off to them. In retrospect I wish I had just kept it for a spare.
    11-17-2018 10:31 PM
    Google didn't have a BF deal last year, but they had a Cyber Monday deal, a Pixel 2 or 2XL got you a free Google Home Mini + $100 store credit.
    Yep, I may use that store credit for a P3 XL.
    11-17-2018 10:32 PM
    LOL what do you expect? Of course phones go on sale around the holiday season. You should've known this for years now. Remember this for next year and move on.
    11-17-2018 10:35 PM
    I took the trade-in offer and shipped my 2 XL off to them. In retrospect I wish I had just kept it for a spare.
    Would been great back up, still have mine letting my daughter use it for her games and stuff ..
    11-17-2018 10:42 PM
    pixel hasn't discounted this steeply this early before. There is a reason Apples doesn't do it. In general, Flagship phones dont' do it. will not drop 20% one month after release. Tesla lowered the price and offered customers a refund for hte difference. YOu dont' want to punish people for taking the risk early and buying your products before reviews, its not good for for customers loyalty. Over time it's bad for google too because it punishes people for not buying your phone on release > bad for overall sales when people are the most excited for your product.

Fool me once.. Not buying another phone on release unless it's apple.
    dmxjago likes this.
    11-18-2018 12:08 AM
    People would have complained if there were no Black Friday discounts. Now that they are out there they still complain.
    People were going wild for the release of the pixel phones.

They were climbing the wall to get one
    Now that they spent the money.
    They are complaining it was too high.
    And Google should of gave them something for free .

And they should have waited.
    With the fever everybody had.
    There was no waiting..

I bought a pixel 2 XL at the end of the season right before the pixel 3 XL came out .
    It was still at full price.
    Used it and returned it

Like the newest device that comes out.
    With the fastest processor.
    Not something a year old.

Wait till the Pixel 4 XL comes out.

Bet it's gonna be the same thing.

Nothing is free it costs somebody.
    11-18-2018 08:19 AM
    People were going wild for the release of the pixel phones.

They were climbing the wall to get one
    Now that they spent the money.
    They are complaining it was too high.
    And Google should of gave them something for free .

And they should have waited.
    With the fever everybody had.
    There was no waiting..

I bought a pixel 2 XL at the end of the season right before the pixel 3 XL came out .
    It was still at full price.
    Used it and returned it

Like the newest device that comes out.
    With the fastest processor.
    Not something a year old.

Wait till the Pixel 4 XL comes out.

Bet it's gonna be the same thing.

Nothing is free it costs somebody.
    And where were people going wild to buy the Pixel?? Climbing the wall? I think you have the Pixel confused with an iPhone
    11-18-2018 09:27 AM
    And where were people going wild to buy the Pixel?? Climbing the wall? I think you have the Pixel confused with an iPhone
    Nope

People on this forum.

I haven't owned a Eyephone in at least 10 yrs.
    Don't like the operating system.
    11-18-2018 09:58 AM
    My best buddy has never owned nothing but a Eyephone.
    He just went to a Samsung Note 9.
    Asked him if he misses his Eyephone
    He said No !

Really like note 9
    Don't think I will ever own another Eyephone.
    11-18-2018 10:09 AM
    He wasn't drawing a comparison in numbers to the Pixel
    11-18-2018 10:24 AM
    They're not punishing anyone. Some people wait before buying to see what type of issues if any a product will have. The company lowers the price to seal the deal with those on the fence.
    11-18-2018 10:48 AM
    I used a BOGO i don't feel cheated at all.
    11-18-2018 11:08 AM
    Your late to git on the train.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/go...ml#post6373688
    11-18-2018 11:41 AM
    I willingly choose to pay too price to be in the first group. I'd you're not willing to pay, you can't be in the group. Silly... Yeah. But.. It's the cost of admission to the early adopters club.

Plus, it's not like people didn't know there would be Black Friday deals.
    11-18-2018 11:54 AM
    I hate trains. I like to fly
    11-18-2018 12:00 PM
    pixel hasn't discounted this steeply this early before. There is a reason Apples doesn't do it. In general, Flagship phones dont' do it. will not drop 20% one month after release. Tesla lowered the price and offered customers a refund for hte difference. YOu dont' want to punish people for taking the risk early and buying your products before reviews, its not good for for customers loyalty. Over time it's bad for google too because it punishes people for not buying your phone on release > bad for overall sales when people are the most excited for your product.

Fool me once.. Not buying another phone on release unless it's apple.
    As I pointed out, the BF deals from Verizon we're discounted much more steeply than the offer you listed. They were giving them a 50% discount, where the one you showed, $150 off, is less than 19%.

I don't know if you're new to this, but early adopters ALWAYS take a financial hit for getting it first. That's why you always hear people say they're waiting a few months for the price to come down. The situation is exacerbated because of the nearby holiday season, and that happens every year because of when Google has decided to launch their phones, just over a month before Black Friday and just over 2 months before Christmas.

No, Apple doesn't discount their devices, at least until it passes the one year mark. But why is that a good thing? I get it, you're mad you didn't wait. But there were threads in this forum the week the phone launched speculating about what the BF deals were going to be, so it's not like the information wasn't readily available to you.
    11-18-2018 12:03 PM
    This is the case with most products, cars included. Some people pay over MSRP to be first in line for a model.
    11-18-2018 12:06 PM
    That thread is only 15 pages long. When I got my first smartphone, a Droid Incredible, the number of pages was in the hundreds. And the number of people here are nothing compared to subforums for some of the more established phones. I know you were more exited than most, but this wasn't any different than most other phone launch. If anything I'd say it was low, mainly due to the divisive nature the notch brought with it.
    11-18-2018 12:08 PM
92 1234