11-19-2018 04:58 PM
92 ... 234
tools
    Again, you knew this was coming. The Pixel launched in late October, when is Black Friday & Cyber Monday? They're the same time every year.
    Google is a big enough company that they could throw customers a bone. But since they are Apple wannabe's I doubt that will happen
    11-19-2018 10:41 AM
    Google is a big enough company that they could throw customers a bone. But since they are Apple wannabe's I doubt that will happen
    I don't see Samsung, LG, Motorola, etc. that will "toss a bone" (a.k.a giving a future sale price to past sellers) ever. So I am not sure where you are getting this example from as if it is a Google or Apple thing. If I buy a Note 9 and 1-2 months later there is a sale for it I wouldn't expect a refund if past the return / buyer's remorse period. If they did I would be grateful they even did but most companies won't otherwise they have to just keep extending credits to any buyer and that isn't how retail really works.
    Vega007 likes this.
    11-19-2018 10:47 AM
    They are definitely trying to be the iPhone of the Android world, and for good reason. But at least they are discounting their products; Apple never does this. There is some comfort to that since you can buy an Apple product and not have to worry about much remorse. Then again, that is why Apple has good resale value. There are reasons for everything.
    11-19-2018 10:57 AM
    Google is a big enough company because they're in the business of making money not giving it away. Which is exactly the opposite of what you're asking for.
    11-19-2018 11:29 AM
    I don't see Samsung, LG, Motorola, etc. that will "toss a bone" (a.k.a giving a future sale price to past sellers) ever. So I am not sure where you are getting this example from as if it is a Google or Apple thing. If I buy a Note 9 and 1-2 months later there is a sale for it I wouldn't expect a refund if past the return / buyer's remorse period. If they did I would be grateful they even did but most companies won't otherwise they have to just keep extending credits to any buyer and that isn't how retail really works.
    Exactly that's why I didn't pre-order my note 9 got it a month and half later for 850.00 compared full price 1000.00 but didn't get the perks of the pre-order like free wireless charger and few other they had going on . Just didn't want pay full price .
    11-19-2018 11:35 AM
    I feel betrayed by buying one early. Google will not honor the price, an this conveniently happenedjust outside 1 month of the return window. Discounting a device steeply 1 month after release is a real middle finger to the fans of your product..

There will be other new devices released in 6-12 months. Consider this a life lesson.

It's difficult NOT to be an early adopter in the Mobile Nations environment.....wait for the "Best this or that" hyperbole storm to pass then pull the trigger.
    Law2138 likes this.
    11-19-2018 11:55 AM
    All these companies are big enough to give a discount. But they're in the business to make money and stay in business. At what point should they draw the line? They don't owe me anything other than what they stated when I purchased their product.
    11-19-2018 12:15 PM
    The existence of this attitude is extremely disappointing
    sixty_four and Mooncatt like this.
    11-19-2018 12:26 PM
    Of course we've heard of price matching. I've never heard of a phone OEM price matching. Comparing Google to Costco is unrealistic. Besides for most of the preorders Black Friday falls beyond 30 days. Verizon used to price match when they had a 30 day price policy but I don't think they do today any more.
    I completely agree with you. Plus, phone carriers are uber competitive. If one price-matched but the other didn't, and they both sold the same phones for the same value, it would not make sense.
    11-19-2018 01:08 PM
    The existence of this attitude is extremely disappointing
    Especially from those chiming in that have no intention of buying a Pixel. Of course they have a right to an opinion, but it seems like an opportunity to take a pot shot at Google.
    11-19-2018 02:31 PM
    I think the OP got the hint guys lol
    anyone who's been buying phones last few years pretty much has idea when they can get deal's on phones, and it isn't on launch dates lol
    11-19-2018 02:40 PM
    Yeah, this thread has taken on legs from all of us chatting. I wonder if I will get a discount on the first mid engine Vette to drop in Texas 😁
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-19-2018 03:11 PM
    Yeah, this thread has taken on legs from all of us chatting. I wonder if I will get a discount on the first mid engine Vette to drop in Texas 😁
    I want the pixel 3 xl super sport shelby coming out😁
    11-19-2018 03:23 PM
    Yes,I'll bet you can get the new GT500 R for a discount if you wait til Black Friday.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-19-2018 03:27 PM
    Yes,I'll bet you can get the new GT500 R for a discount if you wait til Black Friday.
    Hahaha...5.00 off first come first serve
    11-19-2018 03:34 PM
    Darn you Google. Should have sold the new phone that everyone wants at the steepest discount on day 1.
    11-19-2018 03:59 PM
    All jokes ha ha. It's good they aren't a hardware company because they would never be able to compete lol
    11-19-2018 04:58 PM
92 ... 234