11-19-2018 05:58 PM
92 123 ...
tools
    I feel betrayed by buying one early. Google will not honor the price, an this conveniently happenedjust outside 1 month of the return window. Discounting a device steeply 1 month after release is a real middle finger to the fans of your product..

Black Friday (11/22 – 11/25): If that's not your deal of choice, Google will follow that up with a $150 price drop on Pixel 3 and $200 on Pixel 3 XL
    11-17-2018 01:55 PM
    Early adopters often pay premium prices. You could have waited a bit to see if they would offer any Black Friday discounts. The temporary price drop is an incentive for those who were still on the fence.
    11-17-2018 02:03 PM
    I'm confused how this is the fault of Google you were an early adopter...I know getting it launched in was paying premium
    DMP89145 and xzell like this.
    11-17-2018 02:16 PM
    the price of a phone from any manufacturer on pre-order you paying full price what they could of done was throw some free things like pixel wireless charger which I think Verizon did. usually if you don't want pay full price you don't pre-order.
    DMP89145, J Dubbs and recDNA like this.
    11-17-2018 02:24 PM
    lol, Yeah I don't think they are intentionally "Punishing" early adopters. They don't hate you for buying their product. They are just trying to move more and its that time of year. Anyone on the fence because of the price now has that incentive. Its always better to wait on most products if you can an price is an issue.
    DMP89145 and J Dubbs like this.
    11-17-2018 02:29 PM
    Two of three of my flagships was purchased when it launched and still saved at least $400 CAN each. Otherwise I would've never bought it and kept my OnePlus 6 silk white.
    11-17-2018 02:29 PM
    I think of it like anything else, from video game purchases to televisions to computers, You get to use it first before anyone else with the rest of the early adopters and then it goes on sale and then other people purchase it for a cheaper price but they didn't get to use it, play it etc from the day it was released like you did. I understand the sting when it happens though.
    gebco likes this.
    11-17-2018 02:39 PM
    Lol, if you were concerned you have/had the option to wait.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    11-17-2018 02:48 PM
    Pretty sure if these were flying off the shelves the BF discounts wouldn't be so steep. I expected something like a free Pixel Stand with purchase. Unlike the BB and Target discounts which are carrier subsidized, Google eats the full $150/$200 discount. Google should fire Osterfat and whoever else looked at the P3XL design and said 'Yea, let's go with this.' Somebody actually green-lighted that look!
    11-17-2018 03:02 PM
    I think of it like anything else, from video game purchases to televisions to computers, You get to use it first before anyone else with the rest of the early adopters and then it goes on sale and then other people purchase it for a cheaper price but they didn't get to use it, play it etc from the day it was released like you did. I understand the sting when it happens though.
    Exactly this. Video games, movies, computers .. All of it. I haven't dought a video game or a movie at initial release in years. Often wait 2-3 years before I buy either. Just bought Witcher 3 this summer, as an example.

Can't really complain about pricing if you buy something on launch.
    J Dubbs and PapaGary like this.
    11-17-2018 03:03 PM
    the price of a phone from any manufacturer on pre-order you paying full price what they could of done was throw some free things like pixel wireless charger which I think Verizon did. usually if you don't want pay full price you don't pre-order.
    People would have complained if there were no Black Friday discounts. Now that they are out there they still complain.
    mustang7757 and PapaGary like this.
    11-17-2018 03:15 PM
    Totally agree. The $50 promo with Pixel Stand would make so much easier
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-17-2018 03:54 PM
    That's the case with most new phone from what I see, after about a month their price can drop around 25% searching online.
    11-17-2018 04:15 PM
    Exactly this. Video games, movies, computers .. All of it. I haven't dought a video game or a movie at initial release in years. Often wait 2-3 years before I buy either. Just bought Witcher 3 this summer, as an example.

Can't really complain about pricing if you buy something on launch.
    Yep, I haven't paid full price for a video game in years because you can get them on sale within months or a year or two later. Especially with digital now. I get games on PSN cheap all the time.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    11-17-2018 05:07 PM
    I feel betrayed by buying one early. Google will not honor the price, an this conveniently happenedjust outside 1 month of the return window. Discounting a device steeply 1 month after release is a real middle finger to the fans of your product..

When things aren't selling well they usually get discounted early and a lot.
    11-17-2018 06:49 PM
    It isn’t without cost to ensure you have the device before others.
    11-17-2018 07:48 PM
    When things aren't selling well they usually get discounted early and a lot.
    This is Black Friday.... That's why
    xzell likes this.
    11-17-2018 08:06 PM
    I'm not feeling very punished. I got a BOGO deal with a $100 Best Buy gift card per phone. So two Pixels for $900 and $200 in gift cards. This was day 1 at Best Buy.

But Note fans will get them stupid cheap soon as well for Black Friday and Holiday sales.

You can just look around for a deal if that's super important, otherwise know this is happening nearly every release and take the punches of buying zero day.
    11-17-2018 08:35 PM
    Not feeling punishment or cheated either. I had the choice to wait and see if they would go on sale, but I didn't. Partially because my first gen Pixel was starting to show it's age in battery life, and I figured, why not?

This isn't too dissimilar to the new Tomb Raider game going on sale a month after release. A lot of people said the same thing, and the counter replies still hold true: if you pre-order, you are saying you are fine with paying full price now.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    11-17-2018 08:45 PM
    The problem with me is that I know Black Friday is not too far away from the Pixel release date. I'm just impatient so I buy early.
    xzell likes this.
    11-17-2018 08:49 PM
    People brag about having launch day devices, and that privilege often comes at a premium.
    hallux and xzell like this.
    11-17-2018 09:02 PM
    As others have mentioned if you are buying launch day for a phone released in October, then obviously you aren't getting the best value since there will be always some kind of deal thru out the holidays. I absolutely have no issues with that because it was my choice I bought at launch day and I rather have the phone day one than wait a month or two for saving money. But if you were looking for deal then buying at launch isn't a great idea especially when Black Friday is close by.
    xzell likes this.
    11-17-2018 09:10 PM
    As others have mentioned if you are buying launch day for a phone released in October, then obviously you aren't getting the best value since there will be always some kind of deal thru out the holidays. I absolutely have no issues with that because it was my choice I bought at launch day and I rather have the phone day one than wait a month or two for saving money. But if you were looking for deal then buying at launch isn't a great idea especially when Black Friday is close by.
    I actually checked last year's Google store sales before I purchased just in case and they didn't offer any sales last year. Last year they couldn't keep up with demand so that may be why. It's still a little irritating but it is what it is.
    11-17-2018 10:14 PM
    I reached out to Google support and they denied letting me return my phone since it's passed the 15 days as I was going to return it and purchase a new one with the discount. I'm furious. I thought I could return it within 30 days but it's 15 unfortunate. At least they could of offered a $200 project fi credit. Shame shame.

11-17-2018 10:17 PM
    I reached out to Google support and they denied letting me return my phone since it's passed the 15 days as I was going to return it and purchase a new one with the discount. I'm furious. I thought I could return it within 30 days but it's 15 unfortunate. At least they could of offered a $200 project fi credit. Shame shame.
    Should have held out to buy your phone. Everybody knows best deals are usually right before a new phone is being released to dump old stock or during big sales such as Thanksgiving. How is this Googles fault?
    xzell likes this.
    11-17-2018 10:25 PM
92 123 ...