Is 140-210mA measured by the App Ampere normal when idling?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello,

I have bought a Pixel 3 today and with only like 5 Apps installed and all the default Google apps deactivated (yes, I dont use them, I love this super smooth experience on stock android without the Google apps) my phone is measuring ~200mA on full brightness, 150mA at mid brightness and 130-140mA at lowest brightness when using the app Ampere with its own dark theme enabled. It never once went below 130mA even on the lowest brightness with no apps running in the background and with Wifi/mobile data disabled. Is this what I should expect or is it too high? I have never used this app on any other devices so I cant compare it to anything.

Kodak2

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
I wouldn't rely too much on an app being accurate in measuring standby current as the current will fluctuate over time. If over night when your phone is on standby for about 7 to 8 hours, the battery percentage drop should be less than about 8%. If you get less than that you should be happy. For a guide, my Moto drops by 3 to 4% over night.

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It never once went below 130mA even on the lowest brightness with no apps running in the background and with Wifi/mobile data disabled.
I ran a comparison on my Pixel 2 XL at the settings you mentioned (lowest brightness, WiFi/mobile data disabled, no apps running in the background) and it averaged about -140mA during a 2 minute run (until the screen timeout kicked in).
So it looks like you're in the ballpark; or at least, based on that application measurement system.