11-29-2018 12:43 PM
71 123
tools
    Where else would they cut cost?
    LCD screen
    Aluminum frame
    3 GB ram
    250.00 savings is it worth it? I dont know ... I think if it was 600.00 be better selling point
    Right for $200 more you get oled, stainless steel frame, full HD plus screen, 4 gb ram, second camera, etc. There is so much profit and corners cut with the XR I find it offensive when compared to the XS.

Of the XR specs were sold at that price by any other Android mfg they would be run up the flag pole here. Somehow Apple gets a pass.

Just my opinion.
    Wildo6882 and J Dubbs like this.
    11-20-2018 03:06 PM
    Right for $200 more you get oled, stainless steel frame, full HD plus screen, 4 gb ram, second camera, etc. There is so much profit and corners cut with the XR I find it offensive when compared to the XS.

Of the XR specs were sold at that price by any other Android mfg they would be run up the flag pole here. Somehow Apple gets a pass.

Just my opinion.
    Lol I hear you
    11-20-2018 03:36 PM
    Honestly the battery life has been impressive, now I'm a light to medium user but getting better results than I did with my 7+. I took off charger at 8am, now 4:45 with 1hr SoT and at 70% remaining.
    I'm thinking of switching from the regular xs. I'm just sceptical of the battery life on the pixel 3.
    11-20-2018 03:45 PM
    My biggest gripe with Android phones in general is not really the screen on time, but the stand by time.

With an iPhone, I can easily go two days with my light usage, and probably half way through a 3rd day before I need to charge it.

You can't beat an iPhone when it comes to standby battery life.
    11-20-2018 03:49 PM
    I had the iPhone X. Wanted a bigger phone and the Max didn't seem like an upgrade. I got the 3XL and love it. I can't speak on the battery life of the smaller 3 but my battery life had been pretty close to my iPhone X.
    That is my main concern as well. I have an iPhone X now and refuse to upgrade to the XS....not worth the $ at all for minor incremental "S" updates. I really want a pixel 3, but battery life is no way better than an X or XS. I had the pixel 2 and it was awful compared to the X.

Anyone have used both an iPhone and pixel 3 to comment on battery life?
    Mr Segundus likes this.
    11-20-2018 03:58 PM
    I kept the XS Max because Verizon was still gonna charge me. I'm hoping Apple comes up with a fix soon.
    11-20-2018 04:13 PM
    I have heard a lot of iphone users switching to the Pixel and they like it. Coming from iphone users that a phone they liked which is android. Had me pretty shocked.
    11-20-2018 05:07 PM
    Nope. I still have mine. The LCD display doesn't bother me at all.
    So you both got rid of the XR? So did I! I couldn't live with the compromise of an LCD display in 2018....sorry, especially for $750 when the pixel is around that price
    11-20-2018 05:32 PM
    My Pixel 3 XL only loses 2-3% battery life in standby overnight.
    My biggest gripe with Android phones in general is not really the screen on time, but the stand by time.

With an iPhone, I can easily go two days with my light usage, and probably half way through a 3rd day before I need to charge it.

11-20-2018 05:33 PM
    I can completely agree with this. The standby time on android devices is terrible compared to iPhones. That's one thing I've never really understood. I was hoping that the pixel being stock and made by Google would improve that but I guess baby steps.

11-20-2018 05:35 PM
    I can completely agree with this. The standby time on android devices is terrible compared to iPhones. That's one thing I've never really understood. I was hoping that the pixel being stock and made by Google would improve that but I guess baby steps.
    Well I've seen it this way
    Standby on iPhone is very good but once it starts going down it goes fast , while the Android goes fast in beginning but slow up towards middle and end . It's weird but that's my experience between both.
    Now if I don't touch my Android at all I lose 3 to 4 percent while iPhone doesn't use any .
    11-20-2018 07:52 PM
    Well I've seen it this way
    Standby on iPhone is very good but once it starts going down it goes fast , while the Android goes fast in beginning but slow up towards middle and end . It's weird but that's my experience between both.
    Now if I don't touch my Android at all I lose 3 to 4 percent while iPhone doesn't use any .
    I disagree on the iPhone goes down fast when in use.

In my experience in the past, when doing things on an Android, I can almost watch the battery percentage drop as I am using it.
    11-20-2018 08:36 PM
    I disagree on the iPhone goes down fast when in use.

In my experience in the past, when doing things on an Android, I can almost watch the battery percentage drop as I am using it.
    That's my experience don't know what to say..
    11-20-2018 08:49 PM
    especially using FaceTime
    11-20-2018 08:50 PM
    Battery life verdict is yet to be decided. I think that the fast charging helps make up for it. The iPhone took forever to charge unless I used my iPad brick.
    11-20-2018 09:56 PM
    Interesting to see folks switching from Apple to Pixel with Android !
    ecr80 likes this.
    11-21-2018 06:18 AM
    Well I got my Pixel 3 XL today and got it set up. I must say, I am very impressed by it so far. And coming from an iPhone lover, that says a lot.

It runs so smooth and is so clean compared to other Androids. You can see why they call this the iPhone of Androids.

I was wondering how I could adjust back to a fingerprint sensor again, being as I got used to FaceID on my XS Max, but I haven't had any problems adjusting back. Actually I like the way Google implemented it. You just put your finger there and after it authenticates you, it takes you right into the phone. With FaceID on the iPhone, you still have to swipe up after it authenticates your face, which is annoying.

I have read that Google has a built in Visual Voicemail app, but I can't seem to get it working, so I might just have to use the AT&T VM app. Also I am trying to find an email app which is simple and clean like the email app in iOS, and I would prefer one with a Dark Mode. BlueMail seems to be a good one, but they don't give you enough control over things. I don't like the Gmail or MS Outlook apps. Maybe I'll take a look at AquaMail. I hear that it nice.

I got the Google Fabric case for it, but as much as I like it, it is going back. I don't like that there isn't a lip going around the screen. I ordered the Spigen case that I usually get for my iPhones. It's more protective, has a nice lip around the edges, and has a built in kickstand. Now I just have to find time to hit up the Zagg kiosk at the mall and get a tempered glass screen protector put on.

So overall a good first day with it.
    11-26-2018 08:44 PM
    I did the opposite with cases. I grabbed a fabric case at Best Buy just so I would have a stop-gap case while my ordered cases got here. I ended up liking the Google fabric case better and sent the others back.
    Martin_F likes this.
    11-26-2018 10:45 PM
    The price tag of iphones alone is enough to turn people off.
    It is for me
    11-27-2018 06:27 AM
    That's a lot of money saved for sure. I didn't expect a thread like this to open. Isn't going from iPhone to Android hard because of iMessage?
    11-27-2018 06:53 AM
    That's a lot of money saved for sure. I didn't expect a thread like this to open. Isn't going from iPhone to Android hard because of iMessage?
    Yes that is probably the main issue for me, being that 98% of the people I text are iPhone users. iMessage is very nice and works great.

I just got my Pixel 3 XL yesterday, and I have already received comments by my friends about the green bubble. Ha
    11-27-2018 11:05 AM
    I switched from the iPhone 7 to Pixel 3.
    Had it since launch day and love it!
    11-28-2018 07:25 AM
    It's just a bubble imo, at least they can still message you.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-28-2018 07:42 AM
    My friend was thinking to buy an iphone xs max. but then he thought it's so expensive.
    11-28-2018 07:50 AM
    Yes that is probably the main issue for me, being that 98% of the people I text are iPhone users. iMessage is very nice and works great.

I just got my Pixel 3 XL yesterday, and I have already received comments by my friends about the green bubble. Ha
    I'm hoping that the widespread rollout of RCS allows google to finally put out a messaging client that is worthwhile, and I'm hopeful that apple integrates it into imsg.
    11-28-2018 08:41 AM
71 123