Just switched from iPhone Xs max

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
No, nothing wrong with lcd. Pixel density and it's lack of full HD on an $800 device is laughable.

I agree with you. It's 2018, somehow apple still sells LCD display phones. Are there any Android high end phones being sold with an LCD display?

I returned to iOS because Apple finally came out with their best device yet, the X with an OLED display and FINALLY wireless charging which has been around for years now along with super AMOLED displays in the android world.

I am not spending $1,000 on another iPhone and I don't want to be forced to use an LCD display for $750 when I can spend that or less on an Android OLED display.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Hahah. My friends and family make fun of me. I rarely can go two months without switching. Hopefully finding the device that I'll keep for a year !!!

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Hahah. My friends and family make fun of me. I rarely can go two months without switching. Hopefully finding the device that I'll keep for a year !!!

How do you like the XL? I have had my X for a year. Longest I've owned a phone. I want a pixel 3 but worried about battery life compared to my X.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No, nothing wrong with lcd. Pixel density and it's lack of full HD on an $800 device is laughable.

Where else would they cut cost?
LCD screen
Aluminum frame
3 GB ram
250.00 savings is it worth it? I dont know ... I think if it was 600.00 be better selling point

marcb11

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Where else would they cut cost?
LCD screen
Aluminum frame
3 GB ram
250.00 savings is it worth it? I dont know ... I think if it was 600.00 be better selling point
Right for $200 more you get oled, stainless steel frame, full HD plus screen, 4 gb ram, second camera, etc. There is so much profit and corners cut with the XR I find it offensive when compared to the XS.

Of the XR specs were sold at that price by any other Android mfg they would be run up the flag pole here. Somehow Apple gets a pass.

Just my opinion.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Right for $200 more you get oled, stainless steel frame, full HD plus screen, 4 gb ram, second camera, etc. There is so much profit and corners cut with the XR I find it offensive when compared to the XS.

Of the XR specs were sold at that price by any other Android mfg they would be run up the flag pole here. Somehow Apple gets a pass.

Just my opinion.

Lol I hear you

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Honestly the battery life has been impressive, now I'm a light to medium user but getting better results than I did with my 7+. I took off charger at 8am, now 4:45 with 1hr SoT and at 70% remaining.
I'm thinking of switching from the regular xs. I'm just sceptical of the battery life on the pixel 3.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
My biggest gripe with Android phones in general is not really the screen on time, but the stand by time.

With an iPhone, I can easily go two days with my light usage, and probably half way through a 3rd day before I need to charge it.

You can't beat an iPhone when it comes to standby battery life.

yungskeeme88

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
I had the iPhone X. Wanted a bigger phone and the Max didn't seem like an upgrade. I got the 3XL and love it. I can't speak on the battery life of the smaller 3 but my battery life had been pretty close to my iPhone X.
That is my main concern as well. I have an iPhone X now and refuse to upgrade to the XS....not worth the $ at all for minor incremental "S" updates. I really want a pixel 3, but battery life is no way better than an X or XS. I had the pixel 2 and it was awful compared to the X.

Anyone have used both an iPhone and pixel 3 to comment on battery life?

Vikas204

Oct 23, 2018
Visit site
I have heard a lot of iphone users switching to the Pixel and they like it. Coming from iphone users that a phone they liked which is android. Had me pretty shocked.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
My Pixel 3 XL only loses 2-3% battery life in standby overnight.
My biggest gripe with Android phones in general is not really the screen on time, but the stand by time.

With an iPhone, I can easily go two days with my light usage, and probably half way through a 3rd day before I need to charge it.

mia_xoxo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I can completely agree with this. The standby time on android devices is terrible compared to iPhones. That's one thing I've never really understood. I was hoping that the pixel being stock and made by Google would improve that but I guess baby steps.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I can completely agree with this. The standby time on android devices is terrible compared to iPhones. That's one thing I've never really understood. I was hoping that the pixel being stock and made by Google would improve that but I guess baby steps.

Well I've seen it this way
Standby on iPhone is very good but once it starts going down it goes fast , while the Android goes fast in beginning but slow up towards middle and end . It's weird but that's my experience between both.
Now if I don't touch my Android at all I lose 3 to 4 percent while iPhone doesn't use any .

Last edited:

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I've seen it this way
Standby on iPhone is very good but once it starts going down it goes fast , while the Android goes fast in beginning but slow up towards middle and end . It's weird but that's my experience between both.
Now if I don't touch my Android at all I lose 3 to 4 percent while iPhone doesn't use any .

I disagree on the iPhone goes down fast when in use.

In my experience in the past, when doing things on an Android, I can almost watch the battery percentage drop as I am using it.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Battery life verdict is yet to be decided. I think that the fast charging helps make up for it. The iPhone took forever to charge unless I used my iPad brick.