Just switched from iPhone Xs max

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I sold my 512GB iPhone XS Max a few weeks ago and picked up a 128GB Pixel 3 XL and haven't regretted it at all. I got a free Pixel Stand out of it.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I was never engrossed in the ecosystem except for iMessage. The only annoying thing is one of my friends carriers doesn't support group messaging so he can't group message, however with everyone else group message with Android for all my imessage friends works great.

It'll all come down to how tied you're to their ecosystem. I'll be honest I was terrified but a month later now and I have zero regrets.
I’m hoping for the same thing. Been on iOS for about 3 years now (with some Android devices sprinkled in there).

caveman84

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Because when you consider Apple is going you 2013 tech at a 2018 price or the fact that you're getting sub 1080p display on a 2018 phone for that price there is a lot to be negative about.
I would hardly call an XR a 2013 tech, like idk the first 7nm cpu. Also, i for am glad that XR has an LCD screen for those of us who are not sold on amoled after all these years with burn in, color shift etc.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I was never engrossed in the ecosystem except for iMessage. The only annoying thing is one of my friends carriers doesn't support group messaging so he can't group message, however with everyone else group message with Android for all my imessage friends works great.

It'll all come down to how tied you're to their ecosystem. I'll be honest I was terrified but a month later now and I have zero regrets.

That’s exactly how I am. I use iMessage but nothing else Apple. I use Google Hokes through my house. I have Rokus for all of our streaming needs. And my wife uses an S9. Most of my other family uses Apple, so the iMessage switch may pose a small issue.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You are correct. Sending videos on ANY Android is terrible, and Apple has it down pat.

It's not just video. When you send someone a picture through iMessage, it is not compressed as it is with Android.

Well that is mainly due to carriers. Carriers are the ones compressing it since the Android phone is sending it through them via the MMS protocol.. but yes Android can't do the HQ stuff because they didn't implement something like iMessage to bypass the carriers.