Issues with my sim card

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm not going to reset mine but it allows it. If you can't reset APN and you contact Google they might make you do a factory reset. That may even solve the problem.

I'll do that later after work, that's crazy to swap Sims if it solves the problem

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
before trying entire factory reset, did you try to select reset wifi, mobile and Bluetooth option under reset options? It should be like a factory reset, but for connectivity only. Unless there is something else going on that would require whole factory reset.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
before trying entire factory reset, did you try to select reset wifi, mobile and Bluetooth option under reset options? It should be like a factory reset, but for connectivity only. Unless there is something else going on that would require whole factory reset.

Yeah tried that
Going do factory reset and see what happens

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm so curious why my att Sim doesn't work in that phone anymore and working in all my other phones. my T-Mobile SIM works in it no problem.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Might be a little late to try this now, but you could try an ATT store and see what happens when they pop another sim in.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Might be a little late to try this now, but you could try an ATT store and see what happens when they pop another sim in.

The only thing that stumps me is that same sim works in 4 other phones but my 3xl , I orginally had that sim working in that phone when I first got it.

bkrickles

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that stumps me is that same sim works in 4 other phones but my 3xl , I orginally had that sim working in that phone when I first got it.

I know my chiming in doesn't help you, but it was the same with me.
My verizon sim worked in other phones but not the 3xl.
The difference being that yours actually did work for awhile.
As I've said, I even went to verizon and got a new sim and it still didn't work in the 3xl but worked in my 2xl.
Now, when I spoke with Google, they did seem to have heard of this problem and told me they were working on a fix. I didn't feel like waiting for the fix (and I'm glad I didn't) and I didn't want a brand new phone that needed a fix before I even used it, so I demanded a new phone immediately and that's what I got.
Again, good luck to you.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I know my chiming in doesn't help you, but it was the same with me.
My verizon sim worked in other phones but not the 3xl.
The difference being that yours actually did work for awhile.
As I've said, I even went to verizon and got a new sim and it still didn't work in the 3xl but worked in my 2xl.
Now, when I spoke with Google, they did seem to have heard of this problem and told me they were working on a fix. I didn't feel like waiting for the fix (and I'm glad I didn't) and I didn't want a brand new phone that needed a fix before I even used it, so I demanded a new phone immediately and that's what I got.
Again, good luck to you.

Thank you for your feedback, I have a ticket open to return it just going to go that way

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah they have weird issues pop up suddenly, looks like you have tried everything you can so replacing is the best option. It's a very risky device for someone to buy in a country where support sucks or not officially sold. I have bought many phones in the past where it doesn't have officially US warranty for example but I would definitely be nervous to buy Pixel 3 XL in a country where support sucks or if someone is importing it and has no official support.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely love my 3 XL but can't deny there are tiny bit more issues with the phone compared to other phones. Strange issues appear out of nowhere

Anyway, good luck with your replacement.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Odd that your T-Mobile card works in it

I Kno Mike it's definitely weird ...it won't acknowledge that I have my Att Sim in the phone even though I had it in from beginning when I first got the phone . Only my TMobile Sim work's which is odd ..that's why I bought the unlock version to swap Sims whenever I wanted.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I Kno Mike it's definitely weird ...it won't acknowledge that I have my Att Sim in the phone even though I had it in from beginning when I first got the phone . Only my TMobile Sim work's which is odd ..that's why I bought the unlock version to swap Sims whenever I wanted.

Was that the first time you took out the ATT for the Tmo?

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if the Tmo locked something down... strange

yeah.. I was kind of wondering the same. Under security settings -> advanced, there is a SIM lock option. I wonder if it locked somehow, if there is a SIM unlock option or something.... But even then, you should get some sort of message if the SIM is locked to T-Mo?