New owner from Blackberry! Storage question...maybe notifications later..

chrispmoto

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi. I did it!! New 3XL yesterday. Love it, super smooth, zippy, and the camera...!
Not as happy with the notifications coming from Blackberry, but oh well. Maybe more on that later....

I bought the 64gb version (white, for less scratches), and after one day, and havent downloaded and Spotify yet, I am already 40% full of storage.
My pics are taking up 6gb, system 9gb, and "other apps" 9gb....

I still have two weeks, should I get the bigger 128 gb (black)version while I still easily can??

My plan was to run this phone untill they build a better spec phone, and give this one to my Mom, but now was wondering if I should go bigger right now....

What do you guys think?
Thank you!

Michael Detwiler

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I did it!! New 3XL yesterday. Love it, super smooth, zippy, and the camera...!
Not as happy with the notifications coming from Blackberry, but oh well. Maybe more on that later....

I bought the 64gb version (white, for less scratches), and after one day, and havent downloaded and Spotify yet, I am already 40% full of storage.

I still have two weeks, should I get the bigger 128 gb (black)version while I still easily can??

My plan was to run this phone untill they build a better spec phone, and give this one to my Mom, but now was wondering if I should go bigger right now....

What do you guys think?
Thank you!
Are you backing up pics to Google Photos? If so, have GP delete device photos.

chrispmoto

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I am backing up, but don't mind having the pics on my phone .....
Every once in a while I need to go back and find something that I had taken a pic of.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's off the phone, you'll still see a thumbnail on the phone, you'll just have to have an internet connection to see the whole picture.

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
BlackBerry was the king of notifications, built in to the OS. If you want more ability to control notifications on Android you can find an app. Personally I haven't bothered.

For storage, I opted for 128GB on my Pixel 2 XL. I don't want to rely on the cloud for my photos and especially video playback.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

What do you guys think?
Thank you!

For myself 128 is the way to go because I store Hi-res music files. I'm only at 40% of 128 but eventually I will use more.